Favorite UNT Football moment

Loved reading some of these stories guys. Its official, I graduated today. Sad to see one of Rawlins last ceremonies as president as well. He interrupted a provost in the middle of a speech to make sure he announced that we are going to a bowl game and to buy tickets.

Congratulations! Great job! Now get off the internet and go drink yourself stupid and find a coed that is equally inebriated.
  • Upvote 1

Were you ever brave enough to walk in the back near the lavatories on those flights? It was ungodly what everyone did to those toilets after games.

Please tell me you were on the flight back from Nevada when the plane landed in Vegas and the pilot had to come back and say we were being thrown off if players kept fighting while aloft. There were broken seats that had to be fixed before we could depart again. Harry may have been on this one.

A fight started when some guys who I won't name were laughing and joking after Nevada destroyed us. Corbin Epps told them to shut the f up because we lost. When he turned around one of them sprayed the back of his head with water from a bottle and continued laughing and told him to shut the f up. WW3 ensued. He started breaking seats apart to get to them. He was held down and eventually calmed down. Until they made fun of him and it started again. He was held down again and eventually calmed down again. Coach Michaels came back and sat next to Corbin and told everyone they couldn't speak until we got home. (There were still giggles just like the flight home after the towel incident which is a whole different story.) Eventually we landed in Vegas. The pilot balled out everyone, the plane was repaired, fueled up, and we flew back Love Field. It was pretty funny but we were to late to get beers so that sucked.

Someone laughed at, and sprayed water on, Corbin Epps/Montgomery while he was already pissed off (and rightfully so, I might add)?

In a confined area? :o

Who could have possibly been that stupid.....or that crazy?

I was not on flight back from Nevada, but in 1988 flew with the team to Marshall for 1aa playoff game. We lost,0-7, in a hard fought down and dirty game, at the end of which a fight between fans broke out in the stands. It quickly rolled over onto the field, where both teams began going at each other hot and heavy. Order was finally restored by 6 or so "smokies", and we retreated to our bus,which was pelted by rocks and bottles as we drove from the stadium. Upon our arrival to airport we found it being searched by local police, as someone had called in a bomb threat.I sat next to Ron Shanklin, and he remarked that he was just glad to get out of Huntington alive as were we all.

quote name="SilverEagle" post="796368" timestamp="1387116893"]

Someone laughed at, and sprayed water on, Corbin Epps/Montgomery while he was already pissed off (and rightfully so, I might add)?

In a confined area? :o

Who could have possibly been that stupid.....or that crazy?

Edited by the green rokemi

We have been season ticket holders since 1972 so coming up with one high was tough but I think the 2002 game against New Mexico State might have been it. It was two very evenly matched teams with a bowl game for the winner and nothing for the loser. Late in the game we intercepted a pass in the end zone to stop one of their drives. Fouts Field was electric that night. The invitation to the New Orleans Bowl after the game was also interesting but that is another story for another thread.

We have been season ticket holders since 1972 so coming up with one high was tough but I think the 2002 game against New Mexico State might have been it. It was two very evenly matched teams with a bowl game for the winner and nothing for the loser. Late in the game we intercepted a pass in the end zone to stop one of their drives. Fouts Field was electric that night. The invitation to the New Orleans Bowl after the game was also interesting but that is another story for another thread.

Agree, Huff, with the Rice game this Fall on ESPN Halloween Night running a close 2'nd place for me.

For that New Mexico State game in 2002 (which I've got its highlights on DVD) many of us never dreamed we'd hear Fouts Field get so loud. We even had bigger crowds at Fouts that never got that loud but like you said so much was on the line.

It was a fun night to be a Mean Green fan!

GMG!