UNLV

GMG24

Taylor Bern who covers UNLV sports for the Las Vegas Sun....tweeted that it's UNLV.....but for some reason they can't announce it until after the BCS Selection Show.

BCS Selection Show is 7:30-8 on ESPN.....the Bowl Selection Show is 8-10 on ESPN.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

UNLV

L Minnesota (8-4) 23-51

L Arizona (10-3) 13-58

W Cent Michigan (6-6) 31-21

W West Ill (4-8) 38-7

W New Mexico (3-9) 56-42

W Hawaii (1-11) 39-37

L Fresno St (11-1) 14-38

W Nevada (4-8) 27-22

L San Jose State (6-6) 24-34

L Utah State (8-5) 24-28

W Air Force (2-10) 41-21

W San Diego State (7-5) 45-19

So, their only win against a team with a winning record is SDSU. That is a good win. Don't really see any bad losses. Beat the teams they should. Lost when they should.

Should be fun.

Edited by UNT86
  • Upvote 1

This message board is like a reality comedy TV show but WTH we are who we are and are about as dysfunctional as the rest of NCAA FBS schools BUT let me be the first to recommend this for entertainment (drum roll)........................................

.....for the big Mean Green New Years Eve entertainment at the largest UNT bowl party I vote for UNT to book actor Nicolas Cage coming to Big D to perform a Las Vegas music review of Elvis hits such as this one from David Lynch's movie "Wild Heart." I think he'd be a smash hit with our crowd (if he's sober) which no one else will be. He'd get the UNT co-eds out en mass, too! R rated but don't worry, Laura Dern don't get nekid in this scene at all.

Bring on those UNLV Rebels! We be Mean Green!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

This message board is like a reality comedy TV show but WTH we are who we are and are about as dysfunctional as the rest of NCAA FBS schools BUT let me be the first to recommend this for entertainment (drum roll)........................................

.....for the big Mean Green New Years Eve entertainment at the largest UNT bowl party I vote for UNT to book actor Nicolas Cage coming to Big D to perform a Las Vegas music review of Elvis hits such as this one from David Lynch's movie "Wild Heart." I think he'd be a smash hit with our crowd (if he's sober) which no one else will be. He'd get the UNT co-eds out en mass, too! R rated but don't worry, Laura Dern don't get nekid in this scene at all.

You think our coeds would be drawn to Nic Cage??

I... I mean....

//

Well, I think I've finally figured Jim out.

You think our coeds would be drawn to Nic Cage??

I... I mean....

//

Well, I think I've finally figured Jim out.

CW, I guess you now thinking my being a David Lynch movie buff sorta' gives it away? :lol2:

DJ? Maybe one 40 years younger. Most my gigs are weddings but thanks for thinking about me. :)

PS: Of course, I was being a bit tongue in cheek about the Nic Cage sings Elvis idea.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

If Laura Dern isn't naked, then GTFO.

Anyway, I think this is a good matchup ad should be close but could go either way. As somebody already mentioned, their team is pretty solid and consistent - beat who they should have and lost to who they should have. As long as 4 straight "bye weeks" cancel each other out in terms of this season's bye week curse and we play like we did EVERY game EXCEPT Tulane and UTSA, we should win this one.

And as I pointed out in the other thread...the last time I saw us play them (I think the last time we met, period) was right when Dr. Pohl got to Denton and they stomped us. Now Dr. Smatresk is coming from the same place as Pohl...hmm...really need to posit a win against them this time, because we're much better than we were then (right before the last bowl run).

• Upvote 1

If Laura Dern isn't naked, then GTFO.

Anyway, I think this is a good matchup ad should be close but could go either way. As somebody already mentioned, their team is pretty solid and consistent - beat who they should have and lost to who they should have. As long as 4 straight "bye weeks" cancel each other out in terms of this season's bye week curse and we play like we did EVERY game EXCEPT Tulane and UTSA, we should win this one.

And as I pointed out in the other thread...the last time I saw us play them (I think the last time we met, period) was right when Dr. Pohl got to Denton and they stomped us. Now Dr. Smatresk is coming from the same place as Pohl...hmm...really need to posit a win against them this time, because we're much better than we were then (right before the last bowl run).

Hey! JesseMartin, I chose not to post that scene! :) Harry wants this to remain a family board.

AND......Ya' think new UNT Prez' Smatresk will be observing what kind of tickets sales we will have for this "local" bowl game, too? I'll do my part but that means only "1-2" purchased tickets.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1