Rice in C-USA Championship Hurts So Bad

TheNewEra

Just saw the picture on twitter of Rice putting the C-USA putting the Championship logo on the 50 for the game this weekend. It hurts so bad to see that after all the missed opportunities this year, when we could've gone 11-1. I don't want mediocrity, I understand how great this year was opposed to how much we've struggled as of late but we blew our chance to be hosting the championship this weekend. If only Derek would've been elite in any of those games we would've won them, especially having one of the best defenses we've ever had wasted behind him

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 12

We were not good enough. Period. One game, is understandable (Tulane)...but two. It just means we are not there yet. We are what our record says we are. A good 8-4 team.

Like someone posted before...

We could also have been 6-6. We split our close games 2-2 and that got us to 8-4.

Another look at it...the way the bowl discussions are going, good thing we hit 8 instead of just 6 or 7.

• Upvote 2

But you have to agree our defense is 11 and 1 caliber, Brelan and Trice making our special teams 10-2 caliber, our receiving core was top notch as well as the 3 headed rb attack. The team was good enough I think, Derek just didn't play extremely great except for Ball State

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who says we're not getting the HoD??

No one but us think we're getting the HOD bowl, i'm not saying we aren't. I'm praying we are but very few outside sources that are not affiliated with UNT have predicted us in it. It's not a guarantee.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We could just as easily lost more games as we could have won more. For where we've been 8-4 is a fantastic accomplishment.

We worked and earned those games we won, we gotta stop thinking with that negative mindset, i'm not constantly thinking oh man we could've beaten Georgia because we were down 7 at half. C'mon

• Upvote 1

our receiving core was top notch as well as the 3 headed rb attack.

Our rbs and wrs did a good job and we wouldnt be 8-4 without them, but they are not top notch. Especially the wrs. Top notch wrs get seperation, and they can go up and get the ball...hard to put 8 in the box against a team with top notch wrs.

We worked and earned those games we won, we gotta stop thinking with that negative mindset, i'm not constantly thinking oh man we could've beaten Georgia because we were down 7 at half. C'mon

And we deserved to lose the games we lost. Every week is a pass/fail exam.

Edited by CMJ

I am far from a DT faithful and anyone here can tell you that. But I dont see how it does any good to start a thread to take a shot at the guy.

Don't sweat it. There will be a new one tomorrow. And, the day after. And, the day after.

What you won't get is questions about why the defense allowed UTSA to convert 14 of 20 third downs. I suppose if McCarney had been thinking straight, he would have put Derek in at middle linebacker on third down.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 4

Is he above criticism?? Some of y'all DT faithful act like he won a Heisman, he deserves to get talked about.

I couldn't agree more since our none of our receivers ever dropped a pass or ran a bad route all year and none of our running backs ever fumbled.

With record setting WRs and RBs the blame needs to placed on the QB where it belongs.

Plus the other teams were held to only 117 points (29.25 point ave.) in the 4 losses.

When you hold teams to a 29.25 average and lose, the problem must be the QB.

And for those who don't get sarcasm, that was an example.

Football is a team sport.

DT 7,191 yards and counting.

Edited by casual fan
  • Upvote 1

Don't sweat it. There will be a new one tomorrow. And, the day after. And, the day after.

What you won't get is questions about why the defense allowed UTSA to convert 14 of 20 third downs. I suppose if McCarney had been thinking straight, he would have put Derek in at middle linebacker on third down.

Nope. The QB is the only player who doesn't play ironman football:

Necessary-Roughness_display_image.jpg?13

Edited by Coffee and TV

Exactly. DT is far from perfect, but I think that he is, generally speaking, the type of quarterback that McCarney wants (Canales is another story...). The entire team just kind of sucked against UTSA. The total yardage stats tell the whole cruel story. I specifically remember some of our receivers dropping passes that hit them in the hands.