Incarnate Word (11/26/13)

Andrew

My biggest issue is that we take it to the hole a bit much. We have so many wide open shots and pass off on them to drive in the lane. I love a good lay up or an and 1, but I hate when we pass up on a good wide open jumper.

With the way fouls are called now...I want to slash to the basket as much as possible this year.

• Upvote 4

Agreed on the students. I'm all for heckling but most of their stuff is just dumb.

My personal favorite is when we were playing Lafayette and these idiots kept yelling stuff like "Everyone from Louisiana's stupid!" YOU SUCK after every missed shot was also a favorite. When I informed them our coach (JJ was coach at the time) and a good number of players were from Louisiana, if they sucked so bad, we shouldn't be losing, and they and their heckling sucked they called me a d bag and then stole all the rest of my chants.

My favorite interaction with the other team was when Denver's women's coach offered to give me beer and pizza money before the game if I didn't rag on them too hard.

Also, number 2 from Incarnate Word had his shorts on backwards for the whole first half :thumbsu: . The band would chant "Shorts!" every time he got the ball. I believe it took the students until the end of the half to figure it out. However, when he came back out for halftime with his shorts on the right way the student section and band gave him a standing ovation. Not much interesting about the game that others haven't said. Loved Williams attacking the paint.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Agreed on the students. I'm all for heckling but most of their stuff is just dumb.

My personal favorite is when we were playing Lafayette and these idiots kept yelling stuff like "Everyone from Louisiana's stupid!" YOU SUCK after every missed shot was also a favorite. When I informed them our coach (JJ was coach at the time) and a good number of players were from Louisiana, if they sucked so bad, we shouldn't be losing, and they and their heckling sucked they called me a d bag and then stole all the rest of my chants.

My favorite interaction with the other team was when Denver's women's coach offered to give me beer and pizza money before the game if I didn't rag on them too hard.

Also, number 2 from Incarnate Word had his shorts on backwards for the whole first half :thumbsu: . The band would chant "Shorts!" every time he got the ball. I believe it took the students until the end of the half to figure it out. However, when he came back out for halftime with his shorts on the right way the student section and band gave him a standing ovation. Not much interesting about the game that others haven't said. Loved Williams attacking the paint.

Glad to see you posting more on here Devin. Very few students out there who bleed green the way you do.
  • Upvote 1

Why not get layups? Why not cause foul problems for the opposition?

I want this to occur but not every possession of the game. At this point. Trust me I understand that first goal on every possession is to attack and get the quick lay up but we are so out of control at times. I have always taught and always go with attacking and getting the quick lay up but other then Alzee a lot of our guys seemed out of control tonight while Vaughn's or Walton sat open in the corner for the three. We had a lot of offensive fouls called on us tonight. Y being out of control.

Not sure that number is accurate. ESPN had it wrong. He was 6-6 in one of the early games this season and 3-4 in another. Flash in the other hand was 2-13 at one time.

If that number is inaccurate then that's another thing the AD messed up because I got that from his player bio on meangreensports.com Edited by Army of Dad

We've had a couple of games where we shot over 80%. I think we're pretty much a low 70% FT shooting team.

Through last night's game, the team is at 68% on FTs made.

Maybe I was spoiled with Johnny coached teams where we tended to shoot in the mid 70s.

If that number is inaccurate then that's another thing the AD messed up because I got that from his player bio on meangreensports.com

Maybe it is not counting the first game? I was very impressed early on with his free shooting and shooting from the field in general. Last night I do think he went 2-4 from the line though.

• Upvote 1

Maybe it is not counting the first game? I was very impressed early on with his free shooting and shooting from the field in general. Last night I do think he went 2-4 from the line though.

I thought I remembered something about him being a poor free throw shooter when he signed.

I would love Coleman to improve in that phase of the game too, I just don't recall very many players coming in with a bad FT percentage and dramatically improving. His career percentage will probably stay around .500.

If there was only a way that you could easily look up that he was 8-18 (44.4%) from the free throw line last season and 6-14 (42.8%) so far this season...and then quickly calculate that comes to a UNT career of 14-32 from the line, or 43.8%.

It really sucks that in this modern age there aren't dozens upon dozens of resources that could be utilized for such things,

• Upvote 1

If there was only a way that you could easily look up that he was 8-18 (44.4%) from the free throw line last season and 6-14 (42.8%) so far this season...and then quickly calculate that comes to a UNT career of 14-32 from the line, or 43.8%.

It really sucks that in this modern age there aren't dozens upon dozens of resources that could be utilized for such things,

It would be really nice if a guy would be able to find out that he was also 5-9 in the two exhibition games if he really wanted to find some useless information. Man, you could even look up and see that he wasn't actually 2-4 last night, but 2-6.

Edited by GangGreen

It would be really nice if a guy would be able to find out that he was also 5-9 in the two exhibition games if he really wanted to find some useless information. Man, you could even look up and see that he wasn't actually 2-4 last night, but 2-6.

totes cray.