McCarney had better apologize for this

GreenFlag

Blame goes to the coaches and the players. Everyone realizes UNT lost to a 3rd year football, don't you? UNT laid a big turd today. And chances are, yes, UNT lost some donors at the club level.

Let me repeat so that it will sink in- North Texas lost to a third year football program.

but understand we are the 6th team to lose to them, so it is not as bad as it seems

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

• Upvote 1

UTSA played tuff & with a chip on their shoulder...NT not so much.

...meanwhile newcomer Georgia Southern (DII ?) upsets a down Florida.

We're going to have to "step up" and start taking it to whoever...big, small or new.

Can we please burn those stupid "horn stripe" pants after this year? ...they're not helping our mojo

People get too hung up on divisions (BTW Georgia Southern is very good FCS program that would've contended in the Sun Belt the past few years). If they have players that can play, they can beat you.

• Upvote 2

Excuse me, but I thought we just had to show up and we would win because UTSA was a nothing team. That was what I kept reading on this forum.

I wonder if our players thought the same thing after reading all the posts. UTSA came in like they were pissed off and had something to prove.

I wonder if they read our forum too. All the trash talk did nothing to help and probably hurt our chances to win.

• Upvote 2

Very embarrassing. Ruined all the rep we built. But it's a growing pain and we will come out stronger.

This was an embarrassment. No excuses. You cannot say that a third year program playing its first full FBS schedule has recruited better or has better talent than the Mean Green. If that is the case now, it won't be long before UTSA surpasses this program in Conference USA.

For the record, McCarney, the coaches, and the entire team should get an F- for Saturday's performance. An F is too generous.

Excuse me, but I thought we just had to show up and we would win because UTSA was a nothing team. That was what I kept reading on this forum.

I wonder if our players thought the same thing after reading all the posts. UTSA came in like they were pissed off and had something to prove.

I wonder if they read our forum too. All the trash talk did nothing to help and probably hurt our chances to win.

They are a nothing program. Today doesn't change that. We simply came out with a vanilla game plan, our fans bitched out when the temperature dropped a little and we played uninspired given the weight of this game. Tee it up again tomorrow and I'd still take us by 15+. Saying that message board smack affectedthis game is about as dumb as it gets.

LOL.

You give this forum much more power that it really has, which = 0.

LOL.

You give this forum much more power that it really has, which = 0.

You don't think you gave their coaches more bulletin board material than they could ever have prayed for?

You don't think their coaches had their players reading your posts from this forum? (and probably theirs)

You don't think that team came up here on a mission?

You said you never wanted UTSA as a rival, but you succeeded in making us their most hated target.

The only people that are LOL this morning live in San Antonio.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You don't think you gave their coaches more bulletin board material than they could ever have prayed for?

You don't think their coaches had their players reading your posts from this forum? (and probably theirs)

You said you never wanted UTSA as a rival, but you succeeded in making us their most hated target.

None of what you posted matters. What matters is that they whipped us. Any game on any given week against any team provides bulletin board material if you go looking for it.

Are you really serious? The UTSA idiot posts didn't seem to get NT fired up.

Maybe playing the division leader and being well coached had a little more to do with it than the silly theory that players pay much attention to other team fans ravings.

• Upvote 1

Are you really serious? The UTSA idiot posts didn't seem to get NT fired up.

Maybe playing the division leader and being well coached had a little more to do with it than the silly theory that players pay much attention to other team fans ravings.

Silly is how you look when you talk a lot of trash and then don't back it up. It's just bad karma that comes back to bit you.

• Upvote 1

Hahahaha.

What the hell is wrong with our players and coaches??? After all the crap talk from SACC fans on OUR forum, there should have been more than enough motivation to beat UTSA by 100!!!!!11!!11!

If you seriously believe this, you need to step away from the Internet for a couple of months and experience the real world.

It is beautiful, after all.

Edited by UNT90

Silly is how you look when you talk a lot of trash and then don't back it up. It's just bad karma that comes back to bit you.

I ran out of eligibility a long time ago, so please explain how I failed to back it up?

This should be interesting.

And how come all those UTSA trolls who came here and talked a bunch of crap didn't experience "bad karma?"

I mean, I didn't even go on their board, so don't you think going to another team's board and talking trash is worse karma than just doing it on your own board?

Just how does this college football karma thing work, anyway?

Edited by UNT90

I ran out of eligibility a long time ago, so please explain how I failed to back it up?

This should be interesting.

Did you ever know a drama queen who would get drunk and pick fights that her boy friend would have to fight? Then if he lost, she would chastise him for losing. It's sorta like that.

I also wonder if there are others on this forum who are now having to wear a UTSA avatar and feel the same way. I have respect for them because they were willing to back what they said.

Edited by casual fan
  • Upvote 1

Did you ever know a drama queen who would get drunk and pick fights that her boy friend would have to fight? Then if he lost, she would chastise him for losing. It's sorta like that.

I also wonder if there are others on this forum who are now having to wear a UTSA avatar and feel the same way. I have respect for them because they were willing to back what they said.

The only thing I'm embarrassed by is the fact that this thread made it two pages. This IS a bit, right?

Some of the smack talk was out of hand, but the majority of our fans were just having good ol' football fun. A small vocal minority acted like there was no chance we would lose, but most just thought we would probably win (and we should have done just that). No one freaked out when I mentioned that if UTSA could stop our D and special teams from scoring we could lose, because that's something most of us knew could happen.

Part of being a football fan is making predictions, and the best thing we had to go off of was the team that we saw for the previous five games. A different team showed up yesterday, and now we have to eat our crow.

For a UNT "fan" to come on here and seemingly rejoice that UNT lost just so they can say "I told you so" is beyond me.

• Upvote 2