McCarney had better apologize for this

GreenFlag

Did you ever know a drama queen who would get drunk and pick fights that her boy friend would have to fight? Then if he lost, she would chastise him for losing. It's sorta like that.

I also wonder if there are others on this forum who are now having to wear a UTSA avatar and feel the same way. I have respect for them because they were willing to back what they said.

So let me get this straight. There wouldn't have been a football game between UNT and UTSA on Saturday if we didn't trash talk? The teams would have just gone their separate ways, ignoring the CUSA schedule? Interesting.

And I'm glad you have respect for people you don't know who change a picture beside (in most cases) their fake name on an Internet web site.

I really think you should take an Internet break for your mental health.

Some of the smack talk was out of hand, but the majority of our fans were just having good ol' football fun. A small vocal minority acted like there was no chance we would lose, but most just thought we would probably win (and we should have done just that). No one freaked out when I mentioned that if UTSA could stop our D and special teams from scoring we could lose, because that's something most of us knew could happen.

Part of being a football fan is making predictions, and the best thing we had to go off of was the team that we saw for the previous five games. A different team showed up yesterday, and now we have to eat our crow.

For a UNT "fan" to come on here and seemingly rejoice that UNT lost just so they can say "I told you so" is beyond me.

And to try and imply the Internet made us lose is borderline delusional.

There's a difference between a disappointing loss and getting humiliated. I doubt this will happen again, so long as we schedule our bye weeks consecutively in the beginning of the season.

Since my freshman year of 61' I have seen a lot of both, as well as great wins.[i include Rice as one of the wins, as I personally think they are better than us.]Regardless,

give UTSA some credit. They had lost 5 games before beating us;Oklahoma State,Arizona,Houston,Marshall, to Rice by 6 points, and beat Tulane.They are a solid team,we lost, and since there is something called an" upset," it will happen again, both too us and by us. Last I looked Kansas State lost at home to North Dakota State, a good 1aa program that only gives 65 scholarships. I don't recall fans fans chanting "off with his head" regarding Bill Snyder. While I appreciate the fact that our expectations for the Eagles have increased,football is not a perfect game , otherwise we wouldn't have replays.Good golfers forget about bad shots and missed putts and move on. We need to learn to do the same.

• Upvote 2

I like to read fan comments from my favorite teams and my beloved UNT, but I never post...mostly because of comments and arguments like some on this thread. However, the title "McCarney had better apologize for this" set me off. Here are some thoughts from a 2nd generation alum with 2 degrees from U of NT...

1. The name of the thread itself...Seriously?! I am so thankful to be back in a bowl game that I am beside myself. The loss is disappointing, but this is a winning season with some great plays made by our players and gutsy calls by our coach. I will take this over the Dodge era any day and I am excited at the reasonably quick turnaround considering the scholarship restrictions and general mess that had to be cleaned up. Thanks Coach Mac and please stick around!

2. The "power of the forum" shenanigans...I think both sides are actually right. Trash talk before a game is normal and no coach, player, or average fan will give a crap. But trash talk and a superiority complex that lingers for a long long time towards one school as what apparently has been the case around here with regards to UTSA creates legit bulletin board material. That kind of garbage is partly way we hate SMU so much. I know their trash talk would be shared with our players if we were to play them and think most of you would agree. UTSA played with more than just a chip...In general, a forum is an interesting read for a fan like me, and a place to vent for fans like you, but sometimes it can be ripe fruit for firing up an opponent beyond the normal "it's game time" level and transcend into heated rivalry mode.

3. And for rivalries, what is so bad about UTSA becoming a rivalry. They are not that far, obviously fired up and starting FBS football with a relative bang, and would tie in perfectly with a reasonably good attendance building showdown for schools like us, Rice, LaTech, ect. It might be due to the fact that I cheer for the little guy and the upset (you should see my brackets in March) unless they are playing us, but I don't get why their is snobbish SMU style hate from some of you towards them. They are relatively close and want to play. Congrats to them for a good win in a meaningful game and let's get some payback next year.

Finally, back to my first point which got me taking the time to actually post...I agree with the Bill Snyder comment. He got beat by a David team that punched a Goliath right in the mouth...it does not mean that he is a bad coach, and the same goes for Mac.

We made it back to a bowl game folks!!!

• Upvote 4

I like to read fan comments from my favorite teams and my beloved UNT, but I never post...mostly because of comments and arguments like some on this thread. However, the title "McCarney had better apologize for this" set me off. Here are some thoughts from a 2nd generation alum with 2 degrees from U of NT...

1. The name of the thread itself...Seriously?! I am so thankful to be back in a bowl game that I am beside myself. The loss is disappointing, but this is a winning season with some great plays made by our players and gutsy calls by our coach. I will take this over the Dodge era any day and I am excited at the reasonably quick turnaround considering the scholarship restrictions and general mess that had to be cleaned up. Thanks Coach Mac and please stick around!

2. The "power of the forum" shenanigans...I think both sides are actually right. Trash talk before a game is normal and no coach, player, or average fan will give a crap. But trash talk and a superiority complex that lingers for a long long time towards one school as what apparently has been the case around here with regards to UTSA creates legit bulletin board material. That kind of garbage is partly way we hate SMU so much. I know their trash talk would be shared with our players if we were to play them and think most of you would agree. UTSA played with more than just a chip...In general, a forum is an interesting read for a fan like me, and a place to vent for fans like you, but sometimes it can be ripe fruit for firing up an opponent beyond the normal "it's game time" level and transcend into heated rivalry mode.

3. And for rivalries, what is so bad about UTSA becoming a rivalry. They are not that far, obviously fired up and starting FBS football with a relative bang, and would tie in perfectly with a reasonably good attendance building showdown for schools like us, Rice, LaTech, ect. It might be due to the fact that I cheer for the little guy and the upset (you should see my brackets in March) unless they are playing us, but I don't get why their is snobbish SMU style hate from some of you towards them. They are relatively close and want to play. Congrats to them for a good win in a meaningful game and let's get some payback next year.

Finally, back to my first point which got me taking the time to actually post...I agree with the Bill Snyder comment. He got beat by a David team that punched a Goliath right in the mouth...it does not mean that he is a bad coach, and the same goes for Mac.

Howdy and welcome.

Great post and thanks!

For me this was a lot worse than any losses I saw when we were a losing team. I didn't expect anything from those teams. This one just hurts. My last game as a senior as well. Good turn out for the weather and we froze our butts off for a piss poor effort.

Speaking of which, why did the weather seem to have a more negative on us than them.?

Are you serious? Surely you are joking.

2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 5, 4.................our win totals since our last bowl appearance (2004).

The fact you even suggest that someone needs to apologize for Saturday's loss is mind-blowing. Our first year in a "bigger/better" conference and we are one game away from playing in the championship game, we will close with 8 wins, and make our first bowl appearance in 8 seasons.......all GREAT things. And someone needs to "apologize"?

• Upvote 2