Bad DT Alert....

Green P1

Your right Billy, my bad, that long drive with 14 minutes left after our last FG that gave them their third TD was all on DT. We were beat in all phases today. Our running game was poor, stupid penalties on the OL, DT making bad throws, WR's dropping balls, Soza throwing on our D like he was Johnny Football, coach's playing conservatively all game long, etc... It is all DT's fault.

Because of flu, I gave my tickets to brother and family and didn't get to see the game, but it sounded like a lot of dropped balls out there. Not true?

There were some drops. But there were also some drops where, as a qb, you take your fair share of responsibility for not putting the ball where it should've been. But that's not the biggest thing about DT. He didn't play terrible, just wasn't anywhere near the difference maker we needed to pull out a win.

Sorry CMJ I normally agree with you but not tonight. At some point you need QB play. Dropped balls yes, but a lot of misplaced balls as well, and that pick at the end didn't help. We block a kick and get Awesome field position, and only come away three. Play calling was uninspired as well.

Edited by filmerj

The D absolutely did not do their job. They were pathetic today, it's just the offense was even worse.

Giving up only 21 points should win you the game. This is how the O has played most of the season it's just been saved by the D and special teams scoring or putting them in excellent field position. DT is not someone who is going to go out and win you a game. He can't run with the ball, and he has bad accuracy, when he does hit a WR it's not in stride where they can do something with it. This is how he has been his entire career. Today was nothing new or unexpected

Your right Billy, my bad, that long drive with 14 minutes left after our last FG that gave them their third TD was all on DT. We were beat in all phases today. Our running game was poor, stupid penalties on the OL, DT making bad throws, WR's dropping balls, Soza throwing on our D like he was Johnny Football, coach's playing conservatively all game long, etc... It is all DT's fault.

It isn't all DT's fault. He's just not the difference maker we needed.

Look at what you just said about Soza. He was a difference maker and made big plays when they needed them.

Again, not the defense's best game, but they held them to 21 points which should win a game at home against UTSA.

What was the time of possession? It felt like they had the ball a ton more than we did. That is more my point here. If a team converts 70% against you on 3rd down they are running long drives. Even if they aren't scoring - chances are you aren't gonna win because you can't get the damn ball.

What was the time of possession? It felt like they had the ball a ton more than we did. That is more my point here. If a team converts 70% against you on 3rd down they are running long drives. Even if they aren't scoring - chances are you aren't gonna win because you can't get the damn ball.

They had the ball 33 minutes, us 25

It isn't all DT's fault. He's just not the difference maker we needed.

Look at what you just said about Soza. He was a difference maker and made big plays when they needed them.

Again, not the defense's best game, but they held them to 21 points which should win a game at home against UTSA.

I understand, but I could say the same about your anti-DT post. How does he set the records he set being so bad? He doesn't, but he is an easy target. We do need to upgrade at QB, but he is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. I would say the "lack of development" argument us shared by DT and Chico.

I understand, but I could say the same about your anti-DT post. How does he set the records he set being so bad? He doesn't, but he is an easy target. We do need to upgrade at QB, but he is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. I would say the "lack of development" argument us shared by DT and Chico.

Good QBs put up stats,great QBs win when its clutch time. See Romo and why many struggle to see him as an elite QB.

• Upvote 1

How I would rate DT is he isn't a "play changer." Consistent teams will have a QB that can carry the team, even on games like this where the rest of the players are playing a bad game. Someone who can throw the team on their shoulder, make something happen out of a scramble, someone who can put that ball in the best place and not make his receivers work for it as hard, etc.

He's our first 3-year starter at qb since the mid 90s, besides Scott Hall who didn't get to throw the ball. Of course he's going to set records. The passing game has evolved immensely since the mid 90s and DT has been our first 3-year starter at qb to actually get a chance to reap the benefits of the evolution of the passing game. The records are irrelevant.

You could blame the lack of development on both of them, but DT long-winding throwing motion limit his release time and accuracy to the point where the ceiling of development is pretty low. He actually has maximized his potential IMO.

He's not a trainwreck, but when you have a championship caliber team you need your qb to step up and will your team in the close games against good teams. We saw UTSA's qb will them today.

Team win for them, team loss for us. But man, today showed how big a part of a team a qb is. That's why some of them get paid $20 million a year to play 16 games in the NFL

• Upvote 1

If you were there you could see very early that he didn't have it. It wasn't even one if his worst games, you could just tell he wasn't gonna have it. By his standards it was a pretty average game just without the overwhelming defense to bail him out.

Outside of the Georgia game I defy anyone to tell me that each of our other losses wouldn't have been different with a playmaker at the helm.

• Upvote 1

If you were there you could see very early that he didn't have it. It wasn't even one if his worst games, you could just tell he wasn't gonna have it. By his standards it was a pretty average game just without the overwhelming defense to bail him out.

Outside of the Georgia game I defy anyone to tell me that each of our other losses wouldn't have been different with a playmaker at the helm.

Stop reading my mind!
  • Upvote 2

Yep. But go ahead and blame DT for that as well. Passes only involve the QB, dont you know...

By this logic there is an incredible lack of praise being thrown at the feet of our receivers for catching balls thrown way above, behind, or in front of them.

Receptions only involve the QB, don't you know.

I'm sorry, I forgot to pray to Sky Mirror this week. That's why the D didn't play like the best D in CUSA to win this game for us. Can't expect the O to post even an average game.

A lot of it was DT's fault. When your receivers get behind the defense three times and all three passes were overthrown then your QB is not on. He even missed some short outs. The running game wasn't good either and even our best linemen, Y'Barbo and Lemon had a couple of key penalties.

But, the offense wasn't the only culprit; they were just the worst culprit. Or, maybe the worst culprit was the coaching staff. UTSA's game plan worked to a T and their players were enthusiastic. Our players did not play with fire in their ass for the first time in about five games. Play calling was predictable and uninspired.

There was so much at stake and a team in their third year of existence made us look bad. Even if we beat Tulsa we've lost the West Division and probably the Heart of Dallas Bowl. We won't have many followers at the Military, Beef O'Brady's or Hawaii Bowl. I just hope that it didn't cost us any recruits.

Maybe we'll get them next year (unless we stick to the run first and most philosophy). We should have a better offense but the defense and special teams are still question marks.

By this logic there is an incredible lack of praise being thrown at the feet of our receivers for catching balls thrown way above, behind, or in front of them.

Receptions only involve the QB, don't you know.

The next time a thread is started complaining about how bad the run game was or how a specific receiver dropped touchdowns in their hands will be the first Ive seen this year.