Attendance this saturday?

meangreanmick

Student attendance will be light, unfortunately. I think overall attendance will be light. It is what it is. 24K is still about what I'd guess.

UTSA isn't a very alluring opponent, despite their competitiveness. It's not homecoming and the name isn't recognizable for students. It's an incredibly busy week for students, I'm going to have to work extra hard on all the essays to compensate for the game taking up my Saturday.

I'm not making excuses, I still think 5-6K students show, but, I don't foresee a sellout.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2

Won't be close to UTEP.

I'm saying 18K

No one cares about UTSA. It's not homecoming. They won't bring as many as UTEP did.

Maybe we hit 20K due to how well the team is playing. But I think people are overestimating the UTSA "fan base" because 3 posters from their site keep coming over and stirring stuff up. All the sudden they're going to bring 5,000 people?

I don't think so.

• Upvote 2

Won't be close to UTEP.

I'm saying 18K

No one cares about UTSA. It's not homecoming. They won't bring as many as UTEP did.

Maybe we hit 20K due to how well the team is playing. But I think people are overestimating the UTSA "fan base" because 3 posters from their site keep coming over and stirring stuff up. All the sudden they're going to bring 5,000 people?

I don't think so.

Expecting a drop into the teens is a little over the top don't you think? I think it'll more than the Rice game but less than UTEP. It's Preview Day. There will be a lot of people in the Wing.

And, I did but then come to find out UTSA's office has sold 200 tickets and RT has 120. So they're bringing less than Rice.

Expecting a drop into the teens is a little over the top don't you think? I think it'll more than the Rice game but less than UTEP. It's Preview Day. There will be a lot of people in the Wing.

And, I did but then come to find out UTSA's office has sold 200 tickets and RT has 120. So they're bringing less than Rice.

That's good news about preview and the wing.

I hope I'm wrong.

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Not looking any better yet,

Mostly Cloudy is a problem and a High of 44 plus the wind, if this forecast stays the same or gets worse we will be lucky to get to 18,000

It will be cold and potentially rain. Students want to pack the house (word on the campus; WOTC). I think we won't pack it because of weather, I've been to most of the bad weather games and attendance was damn low. Last year's rain event seemed to pull may a few thousand at best (seemed in the 100s). My guess is an announced 17k. My hope is 30K. I'm bringing 8, and giving extra credit for attendance.

• Upvote 1

I actually think alumni attendance will be OK. Cool weather shouldn't run anyone off and it doesn't look like it will rain outside of Friday night and early morning hours of Saturday. Kids sports are mostly over, some folks will be taking the whole next week off for Thanksgiving so I think alumni wise we should be ok.

I hope we haven't lost the momentum with the students, if they show up we will be in mid 20k's.

It will be cold and potentially rain. Students want to pack the house (word on the campus; WOTC). I think we won't pack it because of weather, I've been to most of the bad weather games and attendance was damn low. Last year's rain event seemed to pull may a few thousand at best (seemed in the 100s). My guess is an announced 17k. My hope is 30K. I'm bringing 8, and giving extra credit for attendance.

Show me "potential" rain. 20% doesn't really count. And AM showers. It's really frustrating to keep spreading these rumors because it gets out.

Weather Underground, scientifically proven the most accurate major weather forecast site, has it at 0% for Saturday.

Edited by meangreener

I got my supply of hand and feet warmers for myself and those coming to the game with me. It will be a lot colder in the wind if the stadium is half empty than it would be with the stadium full of people around you blocking the wind, right? So, it is in everyone's best interest to bring extra people with you to have them sit to your north side.

Edited by jredallas

Word is there is a large UTSA alumni base in the DFW area. If so, I would love to see UTSA show up big just like they did last year at Rice where there is a huge UTSA alumni base in the Houston area. UTSA's crowd was bigger, if not equal to the Rice home crowd. Several thousand strong.

utsa-at-rice-crowd.jpg?w=1000&h=

utsa-at-rice-crowd-2.jpg?w=1000&h=

I've heard different things. I've heard that y'all are bringing about 500. Then I heard it was more like 2000. We'll see.

hard to say. I know our allotment was only 250-300, and sold out, so our ticket office referred fans to UNT to buy tickets. I don't know how many purchased through UNT. Rowdytalk's group buy is around 125 IIRC. Add the band, players' families, etc.

I'd guess at least 1000.

Wish it was 7000. :D

Edited by Deuce