We'll can't Complain About Much

CMJ

Bummed that we can't get this game on tv. We were at the tailgate from 3:30 am cooking and just had to get out of there before we fell over from exhaustion. If we'd known we weren't gonna be able to watch it in tv at all, I could've convinced the crew to stay for at least the first half.

Could just walk a few hundred yards and watched it in person...
  • Upvote 1

In the first half, Carlos Harris beat his defender on a go route a couple of times in the first half and DT verthrew him each time. There was a decent breeze behind DT on these passes and seemed to cause him to miss hitting Harris in stride. DT finally hooked up with Harris for a TD in the 2nd half.

He had one 30-40 yard pass to Smith that was not a well thrown ball, but Smith adjusted and made what was originally ruled a catch, but was later overturned. DT also checked down once incomplete over the middle and Darnell Smith was WAO (wide ass open) in the end zone once.

I felt like a lot (certainly not all) of his passes that were incomplete were 20+ yard variety so it wasn't the little dumpoffs. No sugar coating it though, it was not one of his better games.

Indeed. I just want an honest answer on our passing game. It's frustrating tracking the game on my phone and seeing 10-24 from DT in a game against UTEP. I don't know what it looked like so I don't know why we were so inneffective in the passing game. I am happy about a dominant win, make no mistake about it.

I got filleted for my questions about Derek. Don't criticize him.

I just hope Darnell and Rex are okay.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

I got filleted for my questions about Derek. Don't criticize him.

I just hope Darnell and Rex are okay.

Dude, I'm telling you. 10-24 at home against that 1-8 UTEP team is pretty underwhelming and disappointing really.

But I understand why now isn't the time to criticize. I don't want to be talking about that either, as well as our team played. Which is why he is an elephant in the room for me at least.

• Upvote 1

Since Tulane lost, the tiebreaker now becomes head to head. So we have a tiebreaker over Rice.

Right, but NT91 was saying that if UTSA beats us they will be in first place. I was just reminding him that Rice has just one loss so, as long as they took care of their business, they would be in first place in that scenario. Not UTSA.

It's irrelevant though. UTSA has no idea what they're going to get into at Apogee.

• Upvote 1

Your crew should strongly consider going inside the stadium and watching the game.

Oh. Apparently I must justify myself. I apologize for my tardiness.

My crew holds season tickets. This is the second home game we've missed this season, but we still made sure our tickets got used for both games. The first miss was unexpected. This miss was because we were the official barbecue cookers for our entire college and had been awake since 2am and cooking since 3:30 am. By kickoff, we were pretty darn wiped.

Out of my crew, the Mama- that's me- was the one who wanted to go inside the stadium and go to the game, exhaustion or no exhaustion. Everybody else didn't want to go in quite as badly as I did because they were pooped, and that was after twelve hours of working our tails off to feed several hundred people.

Go ahead and let those negative reputation votes y'all gave me, and will continue to give me, make you feel nice and smug and more full of green pride. I don't support this school and this athletic program less than you do because my family went home after a tailgate without going into the game on *one* occasion.

• Upvote 3