foutsrouts

As some of you guys know I got a masters at TCU in 2012. My dad really wanted to get season tickets this year for TCU. I told him fine but it would be the last year and we need to support the Mean Green. The game last night was just sad (as many have been this season). The young fans at TCU have always got on my nerves. My first year there was 2011 and was coming off the a Rose Bowl win and a #2 end of the season ranking. With all that being the case the students still could not stay an entire game and support their team. As I understand it is a tradition for some to leave at half time and get drinks. That was what I was told at least. If it that is they case then that tradition sucks and needs to be changed. One more thing that does not make sense to me is the way they set up their season tickets. They are allowing people to buy way too many and these people are just selling them to whoever they want. Some real fans are missing out on getting tickets so people can profit. At the UT game there were 9 orange shirts in our section alone. It was like that all over the stadium. It was almost as bad yesterday for WV. I honestly believe that TCU will be able to compete in the Big 12 one day. They need to work on depth and also needs to work on their crowd. The Big 12 can not be happy with the attendance issue they are having. Also, BEAT UTEP FOR HOMECOMING! GO MEAN GREEN! Can not wait. I have my six tickets. Only UNT fans will be seated in them.

Of course it is. And while I think we'd win every game they've won (SMU, Kansas, SE Louisiana), we certainly wouldn't be favored in any of the games they've lost.

Their losses:

vs LSU

@ Texas Tech

@ OU

@ Ok State

vs Texas

@ West Virginia

They were home vs West Virginia. But yeah, I'd like to think we could've pulled out one of those games.

Of course it is. And while I think we'd win every game they've won (SMU, Kansas, SE Louisiana), we certainly wouldn't be favored in any of the games they've lost.

Their losses:

vs LSU

@ Texas Tech

@ OU

@ Ok State

vs Texas

@ West Virginia

Personally, I think right now, drinking the green kool-aid, we would upset UT (because at home) and beat WVU. 5-4.

Personally, I think right now, drinking the green kool-aid, we would upset UT (because at home) and beat WVU. 5-4.

I'd love to think that. Had we opened against Texas (or played them around the time we played UGA) I think we'd have had an honest shot. But their defense is playing markedly better since the open of the season and I think if we'd played them the same time as TCU, our offense would be lucky to gain 200 yards -- which I don't think would be enough to win the game.

We're a combined 5-35 historically against the teams they've lost to this season with 4 of those all-time wins coming against Tech (though we've never played WVU).

And my apologies on the mistake, TCU played WVU at home. I still wouldn't count that as a win -- and neither would Vegas.

I'm really excited about our team. And I'm proud of what we're doing. I just don't believe it translates to a winning season in the Big XII.

Edited by Eagle1855

TCU has a small invested alumni base, and an even smaller general fanbase. There are very few people in the region outside of the families who can afford to pay $10,000-$20,000 a year for their kids to attend the prep schools...(ie ...Nolan, Country Day, Trinity Valley) who consider attending TCU after high school.

What tcu does have is money and gobs of it. Two years ago they were in the top ten wealthiest programs of all the bowl teams. They have a lot of corporate supporters as well who are buying up tickets and handing them out to employees and potential customers on the basis that up until now its been cool to attend and be seen at the events. Once losing creeps in and it's no longer cool to attend and be seen at the events then attendance starts to fall back to the few students/potential students and truly invested alumni for support and you get what you have now.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

We may have beat the UT at the beginning of the year. I don't think we could beat the present UT. Totally different team from earlier in the season.

BTW, where is that troll Froggy fan? Seems like he has been quiet lately.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

Life is good when Mean Green fans are ripping me for ranking TCU above North Texas in the Lone Star top 10. @Eric_Capper @mgrnpxp

I'd be tempted to put Houston ahead of Tech (their only loss was by 1-point to a 6-2 BYU squad). I'd call NT and TCU a wash -- which isn't a bad place to be.

I just keep thinking what life would look like if we'd knocked off Tulane and completed the final drive against Ohio. In both cases, our offense fell short. Which is why I believe we'd struggle in the Big XII.

I'd be tempted to put Houston ahead of Tech (their only loss was by 1-point to a 6-2 BYU squad). I'd call NT and TCU a wash -- which isn't a bad place to be.

I just keep thinking what life would look like if we'd knocked off Tulane and completed the final drive against Ohio. In both cases, our offense fell short. Which is why I believe we'd struggle in the Big XII.

Houston versus Tech would be a fun game to watch.

FWIW, I would put my money on Houston. Push on offense, better defense.

I'm bringing a good friend and coworker who's a TCU alum and who spent last night watching the game from Champion Suite #5 to our UTEP game this Saturday.

He told me this morning he's looking forward to actually watching winning football.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 3

Yes, I have to be honest and say that our offense is still a little on the iffy side IMO. It's not usually all that relevant to "take stuff out," but if you take that Jimmerson TD run out, we really didn't run the ball very effectively at all on Thursday. Of course we did play it conservatively with the 12 point lead, so that probably made us predictable enough to cut down on our rushing yardage for the game.

It will be good for ticket sales for both schools. It will be like a home game.

Or be marketed to you as a 6th home game, even if it is in Dallas.

We have no schedule flexibility to do any one and ones until 2019, so all the TCU series talk is a waste of time. Even if they wanted to, we can't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Or be marketed to you as a 6th home game, even if it is in Dallas.

We have no schedule flexibility to do any one and ones until 2019, so all the TCU series talk is a waste of time. Even if they wanted to, we can't.

I don't think they would do that even if we did only have five home games. If they did, they would owe every season ticket holder a ticket of equal or greater value for Ford Stadium. That just isn't feasible.

I don't think they would do that even if we did only have five home games. If they did, they would owe every season ticket holder a ticket of equal or greater value for Ford Stadium. That just isn't feasible.

especially considering they would have to give each UNT season ticket holder at least 4 smoo tickets for each UNT ticket.

I think you are missing my point. This game obviously won't be included in season ticket packages, but the whole "it's like a 6th home game" may be floated out there to justify a 5 game home schedule, which is coming in 2015 if not next year (still have a home date to fill, and the clock is ticking, although I expect us to buy an FCS team).

We play at SMU in 2015. Get ready for people to start suggesting that it is ok for us to have 5 home games, since this road game is so close.

Not only will it happen, it will be encouraged.