Attendance Projections

cdizzle86

25K. Free tickets to the kids under 14, the "Zombie March" thing, all the festivities...students will show up in force. Campus is abuzz with excitement. Signs are on every corner. Residence halls are hosting attendance drives (hall with most students gets an Xbox One.) etc. students will come in droves. Everyone is talking about the game.

Guarantee the students show up, the alumni need to stop making excuses and show up.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If it is raining all day I will be happy with over 10k.

If weather is good I will be happy with over 16k.

I expect round 17k real give or take, I hope much better and with a three game win streak maybe we will kill it.

25K. Free tickets to the kids under 14, the "Zombie March" thing, all the festivities...students will show up in force. Campus is abuzz with excitement. Signs are on every corner. Residence halls are hosting attendance drives (hall with most students gets an Xbox One.) etc. students will come in droves. Everyone is talking about the game.

Guarantee the students show up, the alumni need to stop making excuses and show up.

Wow, this is great to hear!!!

I haven't been involved as a student in quite sometime, but is there some sort of "Mean Green Walk" that starts on campus and ends at the stadium? Seems like that would be a cool way to get students out of their dorms and to the game.

They're doing a "Zombie Walk" from Kerr Hall to Apogee.

As long as the students come out, and the student side and the lower bowl in the end zone are filled, and there are at least a few in the wing, it won't matter how sparse the alumni side is - it won't be seen on TV.

I'm hoping the students come through for us!

Halloween, Thursday, TV for the lazies, possibly rain, and possible 7th game of the World Series. I'm going with 22,500 if we can cancel out those 2 "possibles." If all 5 of the above factors occur attendance could get ugly.

Did you just call the cancellation of Halloween?

First home game against a "real" recognizable, and not new cusa opponent.

I think that has to count for something.

Absolutely. Rice is an opponent that will generate interest. The fact that we currently have a 3-game winning streak will generate interest. But we'll have to see if that can overcome the negatives--being on a weeknight, being on Halloween, being on television, etc. This is a very difficult one to predict.

• Upvote 2

FWIW, I think our athletic dept. has done a pretty decent job promoting this game. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I agree up to a point, but we must do a better job of reaching our DFW alums. Without them we are never going to reach our attendance potential no matter how well we do on the field.
  • Upvote 1