UTSA can't even give away tickets

GreenBat

1374976_10202408542675611_855350123_n.jp

A friend of mine in San Antonio got four free tickets for the UTSA game today and she's looking for someone to take them off her hands.

Wonder how many other FREE tickets are going to go unused, but still counted towards the attendance?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A friend of mine in San Antonio got four free tickets for the UTSA game today and she's looking for someone to take them off her hands.

Wonder how many other FREE tickets are going to go unused, but still counted towards the attendance?

so... according to your story... UTSA CAN give away free tickets... ???

• Upvote 2

He is not talking about their attendance he is asking if they are playing by the rules. There is a difference.

According to the NCAA attendance can be counted by actual turnstile count, tickets sold, or estimates.

So there really are no rules. UTSA probably has sponsors in the city who by thousands of tickets for .50 each. But hey, it's a sold ticket.

• Upvote 3

According to the NCAA attendance can be counted by actual turnstile count, tickets sold, or estimates.

So there really are no rules. UTSA probably has sponsors in the city who by thousands of tickets for .50 each. But hey, it's a sold ticket.

Right I mean maybe we could learn from what they are doing... If it's legal I have no problem with it.

Right I mean maybe we could learn from what they are doing... If it's legal I have no problem with it.

If you'll look at the picture on each tick in the upper left corner there is a $ 0.00. Then on the upper right there is another 0.00. Then another 0.00 on the stub.

I just thought it was funny how my friend received four free tickets and can't find anyone to give the tickets to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

SMU's now ancient Mustang Mania era were working with pre-purchased tickets. Now how much some of those tens of thousands of free tickets would actually be might be another story.

I wish every home game at North Texas would be preceeded weeks before with an aggressive distribution of 10,000 free (pre-purchased) tickets for Denton/Lewisville/Gainsville/McKinney area kids. Past marketing and promotions statistics would tell us that all 10K won't show but those who do will have to have mommy and/or daddy with them (who will be paying for a full priced or discounted ticket).

Like drex recently posted and I liberally paraphrase:

An empty seat cannot buy a Mean Green T-shirt, a hot dog, a coca cola, etc, etc, etc,

Think Halloween Night At Apogee Stadium! floating-ghost.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

She went to KFC and bought a bucket of chicken for $20.00 and was given a voucher for four tickets. So tickets were not free!

I would still take their attendance numbers in a flash. I also think in 5 years UTSA is in AAC and the Mean Green is winning bowl games and making our mark on the national stage - regardless of conference affiliation.

A USM fan saw us walking up to the gate and asked where we were sitting. We told him Top of the Rock aka cheap seats. He pulled out 6 tickets and gave us two on the 50 lower level. It was tempting to sit in the den of Golden Eagles in some great seats but naaaaa - much more fun in the corner with the Green. Wish I would have seen him just a few minutes earlier though!

GO CUSA!

GMG!!!!!