MTSU Weather Outlook

MeanMag

Even if it were to rain its not like it will be a 45 degrees cold weather rain. Hows' 'bout more like 80 degrees?

So on October 12'th we will still have a warm weather game beginning tomorrow night @

6:00 PM, Apogee Stadium! Be There, Danno' (and book em' if they aren't in the stadium for the pre-game).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Can we bring umbrellas into the stadium?

Nope:

GENERAL POLICIES - All persons must have a ticket, and the holder of the ticket is restricted to the section, row, and seat of the held ticket. All sales are final and tickets cannot be refunded or replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed. The University of North Texas reserves the right to revoke tickets by refund of purchase price. Holders of tickets to University athletic events must agree to abide by stadium and University policies. Tickets may not be sold on University property except by authorized personnel of North Texas Athletics. No alcoholic beverages, except in pre-approved areas, no umbrellas, no amplified noise-makers, or signs for political purposes are allowed in the stadium or on stadium grounds. Anyone apprehended with any intoxicants in the stadium, except in the sanctioned areas, will be subject to ejection without refund.

http://www.meangreensports.com/gameday/ntex-index-gameday-2013.html

Umbrellas would block all views. It's right that they aren't allowed.

That said, it was ironic when the MGC gift was an umbrella in 2009, which they were handing out on the patio with firm instructions that they couldn't be used in the stadium. For the Ohio game. Which was a complete monsoon.

Be a man. Men were ponchos. Or take their shirt off and show the world their fat rolls. Pick one, but stay away from the girlie umbrella.

Umbrellas would block all views. It's right that they aren't allowed.

That said, it was ironic when the MGC gift was an umbrella in 2009, which they were handing out on the patio with firm instructions that they couldn't be used in the stadium. For the Ohio game. Which was a complete monsoon.

Be a man. Men were ponchos. Or take their shirt off and show the world their fat rolls. Pick one, but stay away from the girlie umbrella.

I sat behind a person in the Sun Bowl one year who had an umbrella and when the drips go off the umbrella guess where it goes? The answer is on the person behind you lap!

Just got finished looking at 12Z model runs, looks like we're gonna luck out on rain chances. If we get anything it would be a brief shower passing by, nothing heavy or long-lasting at all. Biggest concern will be humidity. If the clouds scatter out enough we could get upper 80's with a heat index in the mid-90's.

See ya there

• Upvote 1

I was keeping an eye on it all afternoon. For those I haven't met, I just retired from the Air force Reserve after 30 years in Combat Weather and I still follow weather as a hobby. We had a front stall out just north and west of Denton early in the afternoon. A pretty good storm formed a little ways north of Denton about 2:00 or so, we got a brief sprinkle out of that one as it missed us to the North. This is the one that formed a brief landspout near the Ray Roberts Dam east of Sanger that you may have seen on the news. It laid down an outflow boundary that moved South and ran up against another west-moving outflow that had formed from a storm to the east around Lewisville. This caused a storm to form literally on top of the NT campus area. That's why you couldn't see it beforehand, the development was hidden from view underneath. We got lucky on the first round, unlucky on the second.

That's how we roll at UNT. We build the biggest bonfires and tailgate, drive, and generally just hang out and smoke cigarettes and stuff in tornadoes.

Sup?

FIFY. And when I was packing up to go set up the watch party, we had the weather on and they were saying there was even hail in Denton County. I don't know what channel my wife had it on, but it was either national or Phoenix news so I was pretty worried. So no problems with anyone getting brained by hail, then?

Wouldn't suprise me. I remember the Spring of 1999, when OKC got hit by those F5'ers, I was living in the East Wing of Kerr when Denton had it's warning. Apparently, there was one on the ground just Southwest of campus and heading Northeast. What do they do? They herd us into the South stairwell. I was on the 7th floor. My thought was, if you're keeping me in line of the tornado, let me at least go study for finals.

I think the Spring 1999 one was when I was in my friend John's car with the window open on the way back to Denton and it got really windy. I looked across the field we were driving past and saw the tornado and yelled, "Holy crap, drive faster!" The other was actually Fall 1998, I think. I was a PA at West Hall and had to get everybody inside against the walls in the lower hallways. The wind started whipping up and I saw that one pretty far off but decided to stop rounding people up and get my ass inside.