MTSU Weather Outlook

MeanMag

Until I see a "right now" weather map showing rain covering entire state of Texas (like the home game against Ohio), I'm forced to think "no big deal". Even if that happens, wife is out of the country, and would have no chance to look at me wet over 99% of my body (you guess the 1%) and say, "this is insane".

One thing that sucko weather provided back in those days was that, if you left the stands to take temporary shelter in the concessions area, you could not look around without realizing how completely decrepit Fouts was.

• Upvote 1

Remember that we had a running game that last home game against Muts? Remember that our current team can't catch in the rain? Remember how bad our attendance was for that game?

You better pray it doesn't rain.

Remember this: (1.) Noboby really knows what the weather will be like 4 days from now. (2.) Monsoonal rains like we had at the Ohio game are more common in September.

• Upvote 1

While I don't want it to rain because of the negative impact it will have on attendance and our passing game, I will say that some of the games I've had the most fun at in the past have been rain games...the three that come to mind are:

1) 2009 vs. Ohio - Despite the final result it was a blast with in the rain with the legitimate few thousand students that showed up.

2) 2011 vs. MTSU - A little on the chilly side, but hopefully we can repeat that demolition of MUTS this Saturday.

3) 2007 vs. WKU - If I remember right we won by 1 point and there was a bit of a scrum afterwards. It was in the mid-30's for temperature and was absolutely miserable, but in those years it was worth the sacrifice to see a W.

Rain or shine what we need is a W.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

If you really want to go back to one of the best rain games - see Nevada. They owned us for years and to finally beat them in a Texas sized thunderstorm was beautiful.

GMG

This. I had just bought a brand new UNT windbreaker. That storm ruined it. Had to exchange it.

One more that sticks out was the lala game in Louisiana. I remember the sheets pouring on us but it was a warm rain and we were kings of the hill at that time just rolling through teams leaving them on the side of the road in our dust. I think we blanked hem 27-0 or something like that.

Back to Saturday no rain please because we need peeps in the stands and a tailgate of epic alcohol proportions to wash down Tulane.

GMG

I wonder how many people cancelled their plans to go to New Orleans because of Karen. We almost did, but loaded up on rain gear and didn't feel one drop of rain in three days in New Orleans. NT attendance was bad, but understandable; a lot of money to risk on a trip that might have ended in a cancelled game or a rain soaked time in Nawlins.

Anyway, weather forecast are seldom accurate four days out.

• Upvote 1

Is this going to be the year of all things weather related hurting attendance? We go from the 100+ game to the sizzle in the sun in the afternoon game to the monsoon game? I really hope the forecasters get the timing wrong and it moves in a bit slower (here's hoping to 10PM or later). For the first time in my six years as a season ticket holder, I was actually able to get 3 people to go to a game with me instead of my normal +1. :) Unfortunately, they are all 70+ years old, so a rainy game may be a deal killer. Grrrr.

Is this going to be the year of all things weather related hurting attendance? We go from the 100+ game to the sizzle in the sun in the afternoon game to the monsoon game? I really hope the forecasters get the timing wrong and it moves in a bit slower (here's hoping to 10PM or later). For the first time in my six years as a season ticket holder, I was actually able to get 3 people to go to a game with me instead of my normal +1. :) Unfortunately, they are all 70+ years old, so a rainy game may be a deal killer. Grrrr.

It's just the current popular excuse folks have dreamt up for not attending. There will be a new popular excuse next year...count on it.

• Upvote 1

I wonder how many people cancelled their plans to go to New Orleans because of Karen. We almost did, but loaded up on rain gear and didn't feel one drop of rain in three days in New Orleans. NT attendance was bad, but understandable; a lot of money to risk on a trip that might have ended in a cancelled game or a rain soaked time in Nawlins.

We had at least 500 there. Not bad considering the cost involved and the fact this team hasn't had a winning season since the current incoming freshmen were in 4th grade.

Not great, but not bad.

I went to the Army/La Tech game a couple weeks back. We managed to almost make it through the first quarter before the second weather delay kicked in. After that the group I was with bolted for a drier location. Had it been a North Texas game I would have stayed but if you're not one of the hardcore fans weather can be a major deterrent for fair weather fans, both in the literal and figurative sense.

• Upvote 1