Okay.... So....

SSP

Yeah...

I know a few of you saw me after the game. I share the same disgust and pissedoffness that some of you have. I went to my hotel in the barrio and was asleep by 11:30. The sting was still there when I woke up this morning. AND I'm not just talking about my bank account being raped this weekend, my feet being raw (No, Green P1, I wont send you a pic of them) or that I will be bathing in Purell for the next few days.

When our defense plays three quarters of the game... and performs like that...Yeah. Fist bump.

OUR offense lost this game for us. crappy play calling, stupid a penalties, biased Refs...etc.

I unfortunately won't be there next weekend. But, if you people don't have candy for my kids and I bring them to a Halloween game. S&@t will hit the fan.

Moving on....

That is all.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah...

I know a few of you saw me after the game. I share the same disgust and pissedoffness that some of you have. I went to my hotel in the barrio and was asleep by 11:30. The sting was still there when I woke up this morning. AND I'm not just talking about my bank account being raped this weekend, my feet being raw (No, Green P1, I wont send you a pic of them) or that I will be bathing in Purell for the next few days.

When our defense plays three quarters of the game... and performs like that...Yeah. Fist bump.

OUR offense lost this game for us. crappy play calling, stupid a penalties, biased Refs...etc.

I unfortunately won't be there next weekend. But, if you people don't have candy for my kids and I bring them to a Halloween game. S&@t will hit the fan.

Moving on....

That is all.

Good post, except the part where the offense lost the game. Offense was not on the field for that blocked field goal which was a ten point swing. Take away that 3 points and UNT wins. Have no clue how anyone can blame the offense that put up 21 points...plenty to win w/o the blocked FG and return. Some of those "stupid penalties" were on the defense as well. But, neither the offense or defense lost this game....that honor might just go to special teams for that one very unfortunate play!

Respectfully... I was 30 yards away when the ball was lobbed for a pick 6. Our defense held them to 10 points. When Orr rolled over on that guy and got called for late hit... BS call. Our special teams and Defense have been the biggest part of our 2 win record. The Spt player that blocked to the inside and left that huge gap on 2 plays... hmmmm... pretty sure he got chewed today and last night. I heard some of the chewing, in fact. Our return players have put up a lot of yards.

and.... Losing is a team effort. But, something has to be said for a O line that can keep defenses off a QB that takes FOREVER to throw the ball.

Edited by SSP

Respectfully... I was 30 yards away when the ball was lobbed for a pick 6. Our defense held them to 10 points. When Orr rolled over on that guy and got called for late hit... BS call. Our special teams and Defense have been the biggest part of our 2 win record. The Spt player that blocked to the inside and left that huge gap on 2 plays... hmmmm... pretty sure he got chewed today and last night. I heard some of the chewing, in fact. Our return players have put up a lot of yards.

Except, of course, that one play was a 10 point swing...you do the math. While I was not able to attend the game, I dare say my view of the play was actually better than yours...and, of course, the many replays I saw from various angles...so, let's say we missed the FG...we still win by plenty if that thing is not blocked and returned for 7 points after the XP.

Chewing out, after the fact, does nothing to erase the points or change the fact that that one play resulted in a ten point swing.

Yes, return has been good...so? How does that play into this discussion at all? Point is...offense did plenty enough to win the game. Defense did plenty enough to win the game. The breakdown was on special teams...and some pretty stupid penalties at some very wrong times.

Anyway, done...over...loss in the books. Time to move on and beat Middle Tennessee! Nothing anyone can do about the Tulane game now!

I was speaking on Return players because they are a part of our "special teams" and yes... the Fg block was a kick to the gut. But- we were in the proverbial "easy win game" until the last 6 minutes. And again.... Our defense cant be on the field 3 quarters of the game!!!!

I was speaking on Return players because they are a part of our "special teams" and yes... the Fg block was a kick to the gut. But- we were in the proverbial "easy win game" until the last 6 minutes. And again.... Our defense cant be on the field 3 quarters of the game!!!!

our defense wasn't in the field the whole 3rd quarter. Literally.
  • Upvote 1

our defense wasn't in the field the whole 3rd quarter. Literally.

maybe thats why it felt like Tulane had the ball the whole game. Tulane's O was on the field for 1 min. in the 3rd and we only had possession for 27 min. the whole game.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1

If the game wasn't tied due to the 10-point swing, they wouldn't have been going for the FG, they would have spent most of the 2nd half going for touchdowns. So unless their offense had scored for at least a second time in the game, they wouldn't have had that 3 points either. So UNT wins either 24-14 or 21-14 with either a missed FG or not having the block run all the way to the endzone.

As far as I remember, the pick 6 was due to a tipped pass on a screen play. The crime was not calling more intermediate and deep routes. We had a great success rate on the plays down the field. Unfortunately, we just did not call them nearly often enough.

It would be nice if we ever tried to mix it up and go balls out on the road instead of uber conservative. Go down swinging.

Except, of course, that one play was a 10 point swing...you do the math. While I was not able to attend the game, I dare say my view of the play was actually better than yours...and, of course, the many replays I saw from various angles...so, let's say we missed the FG...we still win by plenty if that thing is not blocked.

Point is...offense did plenty enough to win the game. Defense did plenty enough to win the game. The breakdown was on special teams...and some pretty stupid penalties at some very wrong times.

The defense gave up 10 points so we can agree they do enough to win the game. However, if you are going to argue that the blocked FG returned for a TD lost the game then by your logic you can also say offense lost the game and damn sure didn't "do enough to win the game". The pick 6 gave up almost as a many points as the defense did all game.
  • Upvote 2