UT vs. ISU last night, Longhorns feel dirty '88 NT references

GreenFlag

UT apparently has won the dirty player [ MIKE DAVIS ] of the year award also. Cheap shot... on news today even.

I believe UT had scored... play was basically over... pointless.

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/texas_wr_mike_davis_cheap_shots_iowa_state_defensive_back_with_dirty_hit_to_knee/14698145?refmod=backyard&refdst=8626&refsrc=foxsports

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

UT apparently has won the dirty player [ MIKE DAVIS ] of the year award also. Cheap shot... on news today even.

I believe UT had scored... play was basically over... pointless.

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/texas_wr_mike_davis_cheap_shots_iowa_state_defensive_back_with_dirty_hit_to_knee/14698145?refmod=backyard&refdst=8626&refsrc=foxsports

it was over...plenty over...and mack excused the guy by saying that it was really loud with 70,000 screaming fans...how was he supposed to hear the whistle??? shameful...

Very few remember this, which is why it's so memorable to those of us who were there a d saw it.. But we weren't Kansas, or Nebraska or Iowa State with Big 12 money and all that comes with it. We were 1-AA and a very poorly funded 1-AA program at that with 20 fewer ships.

And to their credit,.. as much as I hate to admit it,.. the longhorn fans were class acts in their behavior afterwards towards us in that nearly everyone you met admitted we got jobbed and they were given a gift. Then three TV news casts basically said the same thing that night.

Trust me... our game was much much worse in the bad reffing department.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Very few remember this, which is why it's so memorable to those of us who were there a d saw it.. But we weren't Kansas, or Nebraska or Iowa State with Big 12 money and all that comes with it. We were 1-AA and a very poorly funded 1-AA program at that with 20 fewer ships.

And to their credit,.. as much as I hate to admit it,.. the longhorn fans were class acts in their behavior afterwards towards us in that nearly everyone you met admitted we got jobbed and they were given a gift. Then three TV news casts basically said the same thing that night.

Trust me... our game was much much worse in the bad reffing department.

Rick

I was sitting in the north end zone and witnessed the play in question firsthand. When you consider the money that a win there could had generated for our program, what happened that night was criminal. The ref was right there, and that wasn't the only ridiculous call in that game.

I was sitting in the north end zone and witnessed the play in question firsthand. When you consider the money that a win there could had generated for our program, what happened that night was criminal. The ref was right there, and that wasn't the only ridiculous call in that game.

The immediate effect would have been that we would have lost a lot of money in future games with UT....which wouldn't have happened any more. They would have kicked us to the curb just like the other UT did when we beat them.

Now, as to the implication that the win would have created a groundswell of previously unconnected NT alumni to come flooding into the athletic department to make big contributions. Let me remind you how that scenario has played out for us with four bowl trips, a new state of the art stadium, and a new, more semi-respected conference affiliation.