This MEAN GREEN can win CUSA

trussbussdad

UNT90...yes we lost, but think about who we just played. A team comprised of the best coaches and players money can buy, a budget that triples ours...at least, a Heisman hopeful at QB and running backs that per Andre Ware announcing our game should be in the NFL.

I am concerend about a few things. Pass defense is first. Dropped passes. But, realistically, how many times do we play a GEORGIA?

Saw on here that we have to play one game at a time...I agree 110%...I was just stating that some things I saw gave me hope to have a very good showing in CUSA and that this team CAN win CUSA.

My perspective...MEAN GREEN took steps forward today...we certainly did not take steps back.

Amen Truss - that was a competitive game in many respects. Love how our defense kept stopping their damn high powered running game. Having followed this program for a long time I can tell you that was one of the best played against top competition I have ever seen. The additional cosmetic points and yards that 90 keeps throwing around don't matter to me. Georgia was struggling against our defense for much of the game and our special teams played well. We looked like we belonged. I hate moral victories but this was a nice performance for our program despite the fact we lost period. GMG!

Not a WE SUCK at all.

Just not a "we lost by 24, so we are winning conference!!!"

This team has 3 winnable games in a row coming up. That doesn't mean they will win then, or lose them.

One game at a time, people, and this game was never meaningful unless we kept in within one score or won.

Proclaiming greatness after losing by 24 is just silly.

Once the euphoria of 21-21 wore off, I took a happy walk, then realized we scored one offensive touchdown and we were lined up against talent the likes we won't see again this year barring a very zany bowl matchup. I've watched 4 games and I still have no idea what we are, but it's hopefully trending the right way.

So yeah, I'm with you on the 1 game at a time thing.

• Upvote 3

Not a WE SUCK at all.

Just not a "we lost by 24, so we are winning conference!!!"

This team has 3 winnable games in a row coming up. That doesn't mean they will win then, or lose them.

One game at a time, people, and this game was never meaningful unless we kept in within one score or won.

Proclaiming greatness after losing by 24 is just silly.

Blah,blah...Believe that you are the ONLY POSTER who has not one good or positive thing to say about the team. Concentrating on negatives is one thing, but that seems to be all that you ever do.

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 3

But they were still touchdowns right? Make all the excuses you want, we played you guys closer than you would have liked.

No, accorcding to SEC touchdown math, the value of a special teams touchdown has to do with the value of x and the inverse ratio of pie to Einstein's theory of relativity.

• Upvote 3

UNT90...yes we lost, but think about who we just played. A team comprised of the best coaches and players money can buy, a budget that triples ours...at least, a Heisman hopeful at QB and running backs that per Andre Ware announcing our game should be in the NFL.

I am concerend about a few things. Pass defense is first. Dropped passes. But, realistically, how many times do we play a GEORGIA?

Saw on here that we have to play one game at a time...I agree 110%...I was just stating that some things I saw gave me hope to have a very good showing in CUSA and that this team CAN win CUSA.

My perspective...MEAN GREEN took steps forward today...we certainly did not take steps back.

Some steps forward and some steps backwards.

Offense was terrible. They stacked the line all day and we couldn't take advantage.

Pass defense was horrible. Give up over 400 in a driving rainstorm. Bad bad bad no matter who is the QB.

Special teams was the line bright spot, IMO.

Didn't see a lot of corner turning or anything that cane me hope of a conference title. I did see some of that in the 2nd half of last week's game.

Basically, for me, this was exactly what was expected at the start of the season, which means you really can take nothing away from this game one way or another.

Beat Tulane then beat MTSU at home and then we can start looking at competing for the CUSA West.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyone that says they gifted us TWO touchdowns has never seen Brelan play. His returns are just about our biggest weapon and by no means a gift.

That being said... This team can still lose to anybody they play with our secondary and lack of running game. Lets all tap that pedal to the left of the clutch.

• Upvote 1

Green Machine...Stick with Dungeons and Dragons...we hardly had our ass whipped. There are issues that need to be addressed and right now that is Coach Mac and his staffs job along with the players.

It was not a win and I hate loosing as much as the next guy regardless if it is Georgia, Ohio, or a 4th grade Pop Warner team; but we need to stop our bitching on here and start focusing on filling APOGEE and GET IT LOUD for our remaining home games.

Some steps forward and some steps backwards.

Offense was terrible. They stacked the line all day and we couldn't take advantage.

Pass defense was horrible. Give up over 400 in a driving rainstorm. Bad bad bad no matter who is the QB.

Special teams was the line bright spot, IMO.

Didn't see a lot of corner turning or anything that cane me hope of a conference title. I did see some of that in the 2nd half of last week's game.

Basically, for me, this was exactly what was expected at the start of the season, which means you really can take nothing away from this game one way or another.

Beat Tulane then beat MTSU at home and then we can start looking at competing for the CUSA West.

The driving rain storm.came after the half...check your passing stats during the rain if u r going to use it...

• Upvote 1

It surprises me that with all the pouting thats been done on here the last few years when we really did get our asses kicked, we so quickly forget what that really means. Today was not an ass kicking. If it was, we wouldn't have Georgia fans on here, s$&!# talking.

77-0. Is an ass kicking

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2

I think overall the game was a very positive for the program. No, NT in the end didn't come close to winning; but they definitely scared a SEC team in the third quarter. This year, NT is not likely to see another team anywhere close to what they faced today.

NT displayed not a bit of quit and continue to punish the other team. Yes, Ga got masses of yards; but they definitely didn't run over NT like many thought they would. No one pays much attention to "moral" victories, but you have to have little perspective.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3

They never quit in this game and I could care less about stats -- it was a very close game in the second half on the road against one of the best teams in the country with SEC refs.

Does anyone remember Houston last season? Or Rice back in the Dodge era on the road?

If you don't see this game as a big step forward for this program you are missing the boat.

Is it unrealistic to expect better from my alma mater? I am sorry if many on here are happy with 5-7 or 6-6 expectations. That is just not the way I roll, never have and never will. If you don't believe giving up the 4th most yards in GA football history is bad, then YOU are the reason we are where we are. Listening to excuses from you guys is not only an ass whipping but it's totally embarrassing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know, you were pretty OK until you started talking that SEC smack crap! Seems to me GA is lucky to get out out this as they did based on how the Puppy Dawgs played earlier in the season and early in this games. Speaks loads about the character of your team. Enjoy your lofty ranking as long as it lasts...you will be in a minor bowl this year based on your early results. You guys will get pounded in the SEC thus year. You just don't have the character to play when you get hit hard and early. Enjoy the win over that "little league" conference team who gave you more than you wanted and kept those "reserves" of yours off the field for the majority of the game. I'd say the season will, once again, see an underachieving GA squad. But, good luck...try to keep it classy the rest of the year.

Really funny that you blame the weather. Seems both teams were playing in that weather. Good teams do not use weather as an excuse for under performing. Says a lot about where you think your Dawgs are. LSU may well pound you senseless if you play like you did today. Make all the excuses you want if it makes you feel better. You will need to warm up the excuse machine for the rest of your season.

Mark laying the smack on folks? Today is a good day.

• Upvote 1

Green Machine...Georgia is good...but last I saw we did not have to pull out the body bags everyone thought we would.

Remember...Dungeons and Dragons

Trussbussdad, yes let's be thankful that lil ole NT didn't get hurt or put anybody in a body bag. I sure hope the big bad Green Wave doesn't kick our sorry asses in a few weeks. God Damn it, I am not going to tolerate the loser mentality any longer, from anybody. Enough is enough.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3