A-train service to Apogee on Saturday

James329

Once construction ramps up on 35E, if you live south of the Lewisville bridge traffic into Denton will likely prevent people from going to games. I'm not looking forward to the construction and will weigh the benefits of sitting in traffic versus the quality of the team and the opponent the team is playing. That might make me a "bad fan" but is the time spent navigating all that traffic going to be worth it?

Although it is a little out of the way, once the construction starts, it may be faster. Take the Lewisville Toll Bridge to Little Elm and come in on 380 or take 407 or 1171 in 35W and come in that way.

For me -- I would catch the green line at Royal Station and take to to where it connects to the A-Train in Carrollton; the A-Train takes me to the Denton Square and I can catch a shuttle bus from the square to the Fouts side of the bridge. I am seriously thinking about doing this as I am interested to see how it works and also want to support this effort so they will hopefully continue to develop it.

Im planning on doing it this weekend but from my house in Lake Highlands it is a serious investment in time due to there being no east/west connections. Since dart forces me to go into downtown and then back north on the green line it's something like 2.5 hours. I really hope one day they add track to run east west connecting green, red and blue - perhaps following 635.

• Upvote 1

Although it is a little out of the way, once the construction starts, it may be faster. Take the Lewisville Toll Bridge to Little Elm and come in on 380 or take 407 or 1171 in 35W and come in that way.

Considering construction is suppose to go all the way up into Deonton itself, this is one possible route that those that live in Carrollton/Farmer's Branch could take to get to Denton rather than 35E northbound.

Google Map

Edited by UNTFan23

Im planning on doing it this weekend but from my house in Lake Highlands it is a serious investment in time due to there being no east/west connections. Since dart forces me to go into downtown and then back north on the green line it's something like 2.5 hours. I really hope one day they add track to run east west connecting green, red and blue - perhaps following 635.

Why not park your car over this way? That seems senseless to go downtown and back up North...

I am thinking about doing this too... so good luck to others who are giving it a try and please come back and give us your feedback on how it went!

What is the cost via DART to Denton?

I live in North Dallas, near Greenville and Mockingbird.

Where is the closest DART station for my location?

Though the A-Train, as has been repeated numerously on this thread, will be free Saturday, you would normally buy a regional day pass for $10.

This includes service on DART, DCTA, TRE and The T in Fort Worth.

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for the train advice.

I am really thinking about trying the train.

I can park at the North Central/Mockingbird station, catch the Blue or Red line to the downtown Dallas station, then

catch the Green line to Denton.

I could also driver over to the Bachman station, and catch the Green line right there, to avoid the Down town hassel.

This sounds like a better plan for me. I could drive over to the Inwood/Love Field station too.

I never liked driving back to Dallas late at night because of the speeders, tailgaters, and drunks

on I35 and or Hwy 75. I was returning back from the Down Under in Allen last Saturday night and was

narrowly missed by a speeding knuckle head probably going 95 MPH!

• Upvote 2

Why not park your car over this way? That seems senseless to go downtown and back up North...

I am thinking about doing this too... so good luck to others who are giving it a try and please come back and give us your feedback on how it went!

Im considering it but the stubborn in me kinda wants to do a car free day.

What time you heading up if you train it?

Last southbound train leaves at 11:15 per the article at the top of this post.

As I said, that is wrong and has since been corrected. Schedule can be found here. http://www.dcta.net/images/stories/pdfs/route-maps/atrain-schedule.pdf. Last train Saturday is 11:53. However shuttle from stadium stops at 7:30, from the square stops at 10pm.

That is a possiblity, however all of the street lights will drag the commute out. It doesn't take very long to to get to 35W from 407

Generally speaking right now the slow down happens around Main Street in Lewisville and where 35 compresses from 3 to 2 lanes. Then from there it tends to be bumper to bumber at 35 to 55 MPH but if there's a wreak anywhere along that stretch all bets are off. When construction ramps up who knows what traffic will really be like. It could be that taking side streets might end up being the fastest way to Denton from Dallas County.

You could always drive halfway and then ride. You could also drive to the Hebron station in Lewisville, park for free, ride for free and shuttle for free. Save some gas, time, parking costs, and hassle that way.

• Upvote 1