UTSA hosting OK St at noon on FS1

NorthTexan95

Everyone needs to realize that 2nd and 3rd team BCS players are who are starting for North Texas for the most part. NT is a glass house, do not throw stones.

Flame AWAY!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nice job by ootsa. Represented Lone Star state well.

Lots of football to be played between now and when we play, but should be fun. I am more intrigued now than before the season started. I like that they are making some of our fans, and I am sure some of our coaches a bit... uncomfortable.

Will definitely be in attendance, but for now, let's focus on Ohio.

• Upvote 1

Lets not forget this team put up just 21 against New Mexico. Did they dumb down their offense to barely beat unm or play up for their first home game, in front of a big crowd against a big xii team? I think it's somewhere in the middle.

They had a good game today.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1

Did you ever run track, maybe ran a 440 or 880 (yes, I'm older) and during weekday workouts have a rabbit to help you keep your pace going forward?

Well, we need UTSA to be our rabbit, but lets make darn sure that rabbit stays a rabbit for their first few seasons in CUSA. LOL!

Coach Coker and Coach McCarney have both been at their respective jobs about the same amount of time. Yes, we have about 100 years on UTSA playing NCAA football but last I checked Mean Joe Greene, Abner Haynes, Burks Washington, J.T. Smith, Cedrick Hardman, Booger Kennedy, etc, etc, etc, were to the person all out of elgibility but.....

......,what did Coach Mac inherit across the board in scholies' post Todd Dodge train wreck?

Yes, he inherited quite a few who chose to stay many of whom are starting today. Yet Coach Mac has (for the most part) had only 2 real recruiting classes to add to that group he inherited and build onto it, but start-up UTSA had Coker out there over 3 years ago during a lame duck pre-start up period recruiting and telling his dream to Texas HS recruits; to FCS players wanting to move up a classification; recruiting FBS transfers like crazy; recruiting players from all his numerous coaching contacts from his Miami Hurricanes era and so forth and so on AND yes..........by all means he's done a grand job for a start up program...there is no doubt about that.

..........and no, I am "NOT" preparing any semblance of excuses for North Texas because we don't need one. I do think this 2013 Mean Green football team continues to develop far more than UTSA will be able to keep up with us later this Fall when we play them and I say this...........(no matter what happens today in Athens, Ohio)...............but how many players on scholarships did Coker have his first year compared to McCarney who just this year (his 3'rd) got his 'ships up to the minimum?

So in Deed....go Road-Runners! We sit at the same CUSA dinner table!

THIS?

UTSA versus TCU attendance today? If I were a betting man (of which I'm spot on sometimes but mostly not spot on all other times) but this.... I would bet that UTSA had more actual butts in seats today than TCU did at ACS for their 11:00 AM kick-off.

PS: On the other side of the coin, how many would we have had at Apogee Stadium with OSU in town?

And when we do schedule such a future match-up as an OSU is when we will kick ourselves in the pants for not building Apogee Stadium to seat at least 40,000--just 9,000 more seats than we have now. Still looking ahead, but North Texas has of yet to schedule any school who have all those great traveling fans, but I'd guess we will at some point. :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, except their delusional fans were thinking 50. Also a good 10K are OSU fans.

OSU did not bring 10k OSU fans. Talk all the noise you want but attendance is one you shouldn't start.

This thread cracks me up. There are a lot of UNT fans that are scared to lose to us whether they want to admit it or not. lol

• Upvote 1

Disappointed OSU didn't bring more fans? Are you serious? It's not like OSU was playing the whorns or the aggies!

Exactly my point. MeanGreener says there were 10k OSU fans there. I said there weren't. We're nobody to OSU so why would 10k OSU fans show up to the dome? It was packed with UTSA fans.

MeanGreener is just hating as usual.

Edited by JagRunner
  • Upvote 1