UTSA hosting OK St at noon on FS1

NorthTexan95

Let's see where there attendance is once they are 1-8 and getting beat by 50 every week.

They won't bring anyone to Denton except player's parents.

You may be correct, but I sure hope not. It is good for UNT, the Mean Green and for Denton merchants if they bring a big crowd. Might be a decent number of UTSA grads in the DFW area as well that might attend. For, me, I hope for big crowds at Apogee for every home game.

• Upvote 1

You may be correct, but I sure hope not. It is good for UNT, the Mean Green and for Denton merchants if they bring a big crowd. Might be a decent number of UTSA grads in the DFW area as well that might attend. For, me, I hope for big crowds at Apogee for every home game.

Their grads won't care when they are 1-8. I also hope for a full Apogee. I just don't think beep beep fans will help with that at all.

Good thing. It would take us the rest of the fall to clean the chicken grease off the handrails in the stadium.

What is the obsession with UTSA. Seriously, it's pathetic. They are a very good program considering they are only a couple of years old! We should be excited we have an up-and-comer on our conference and hope CUSA teams continue to get much better with us hopefully also contending for the championship. But it's a good thing UTSA draws large crowds, is starting to compete and will get better.

Some of the people on this board are scared and/or jealous of UTSA. Rooting against them is just plain stupid. And to the poster who called them "everything that is wrong with college football." lol ok.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Lets wait and see what a team that lost 49-7 to Louisville does to us tomorrow.... or what we do against Georgia.... before we start throwing stones.

Louisville pretty much did the same thing to Eastern Kentucky.

Ohio is no world beater BCS team, Jesus Christ.

Trust me...nobody is jealous of a UT junior college that will go 2-10.

Edited by meangreener
  • Downvote 1

I actually think we should want programs in our conference to get better and compete well. I honestly don't understand the huge disdain some of you throw at UTSA. However, I think it's something about this website because other UNT fans I've talked to don't seem to care much about UTSA, whether they win or lose. It seems it's this fear that such a young program will compete with us in the near future. Why should that matter? All that should matter is that we try to get better every year, but as we do get better, I would hope our fans don't start throwing arrogance around and belittling younger or weaker programs. Humility goes a long way. You can create rivalries with conference mates, but not in an arrogant way. I disagree with that approach.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1

I think a lot of people are afraid we won't beat them.

I wasn't, but I am now. This is my first time watching them. They are so much further along for a three-year program than I could have ever imagined. I said I would have no respect for them until they played legitimate competition, respectably. They've now done this....49-28 against the #13 team in the country is respectable.

• Upvote 2