New Uniforms By Conference

LongJim

Interesting player perspective from this Big 12 poll...

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/69715/players-tab-tcu-the-big-12-favorite

Who has the best uniforms in the league?

Oklahoma State, 43%
TCU, 21%
Baylor, 14%

What they said:

“I really like Oklahoma State’s – they’re pretty cool.”

"Kansas’ new baby blues are icy."

“The best is Baylor’s black uniforms.”

Who has the worst uniforms?

Kansas State, 32%
Iowa State, 18%
Oklahoma, 18%
Texas, 14%

What they said:

"You know everybody will say us. We've got the worst uniforms – but you said we can't say our own team."

“Not the biggest fan of Kansas State’s white. I like the purple, the purple and silver is a lot better.”

More support for the idea that uni combination craziness & modernization is attractive to the young college athlete compared to traditional, timeless looks.

The whole new style Nike warrior glove logo shiny helmet multi-colored uniform look reminds me of cartoon robots on Fox and superhero costumes of the 1940s. Who will be the first team to break out the capes? How will they get six-pack ab muscles to protrude through jerseys going forward? Does the NCAA allow for limousine black tinted facemasks? Can we get some sparky fiery afterburners in the heels of the shoes to be deployed at the five yard line after the last defender has been defeated?

Somewhere under all this Flo-Jo nonsense there's supposed to be a football player, right? When...the...hell did sports become so middle school girl cafeteria table fashion conscious?

I am an old, bitter man, and I'd like you to kindly get off my lawn now.

• Upvote 2

I like the UTSA helmet. It's nice that they recognize their Texas heritage by putting the State logo and star where they're located. Probably designed by an alum. Oh, that our school couldn't use the my NT logo with the Texas Star. Sigh...

Oh well. "Thanks" Lee Jackson! Jackass. :ass:

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

The whole new style Nike warrior glove logo shiny helmet multi-colored uniform look reminds me of cartoon robots on Fox and superhero costumes of the 1940s. Who will be the first team to break out the capes? How will they get six-pack ab muscles to protrude through jerseys going forward? Does the NCAA allow for limousine black tinted facemasks? Can we get some sparky fiery afterburners in the heels of the shoes to be deployed at the five yard line after the last defender has been defeated?

Somewhere under all this Flo-Jo nonsense there's supposed to be a football player, right? When...the...hell did sports become so middle school girl cafeteria table fashion conscious?

I am an old, bitter man, and I'd like you to kindly get off my lawn now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS6DC2w5j5I

Your old road is

Rapidly agin'

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand

For the times they are a-changin'.

Edited by Green Otaku