Predictions for Idaho

jtm0097

I think the defense continues to give up a lot of big plays. If the big plays (20+ yds) don't result in TD's then our defense will shrink in the red zone and keep them out for the most part, forcing FG's.

I think our o-line should be able to mow these guys down, so the running game should be impressive early on. Hopefully we can get a few quick TD's before ID starts stacking the box. Once ID decides to put 8 in the box, we'll get to see what the passing game looks like. Hopefully it's good!

I'm going to say:

UNT - 34

Idaho - 23

Edit: Students show up en mass for this one. Attendance: just a shade under 25k.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1

31-21 NT

24.5k attendance

Exact same score I was going to predict, although this game makes me VERY nervous (but after the last 8 years, what game doesn't?).

I see the line settling around 10 and the betting public is usually very close to being right.

Edited by UNT90

27-20 good guys.

I wish I could say we win by more, but I'm not sure how well we'll be able to maintain drives and, more importantly, get in the endzone once we reach the redzone.

We were only able to score 4 touchdowns at home against Texas Southern last year. If our offense hasn't improved then I think we score 3 tds this game. Hopefully we'll see some notable improvement.

• Upvote 1

I expect to see at least 8 Spuds in the box on our 1st offensive play from scrimmage and expect that to continue all game.

Unless we make them pay for it through the air.

We didn't even try to make anyone pay for it last year.

Will this year be different?

Edited by UNT90

UNT 41 Idaho 17

UNT is a better team than any of the teams in the past 8 years. This one won't be close.

Attendance...first season opener at home in so many years. Great underclassmen attendance; lots of freshmen/sophmore excitement. I predict 27k at minimun and with a large percentage staying after the first half. This will help with attendance for the second home game as well.

• Upvote 2

UNT 41 Idaho 17

UNT is a better team than any of the teams in the past 8 years. This one won't be close.

Attendance...first season opener at home in so many years. Great underclassmen attendance; lots of freshmen/sophmore excitement. I predict 27k at minimun and with a large percentage staying after the first half. This will help with attendance for the second home game as well.

Yup. Heat won't matter. This game is gold for alumni and students are new to campus and haven't had very long for apathy to set in.

27K minimum.

• Upvote 1