Can someone get me back on the Green Kook-Aide?

KingDL1

I need more than a few shots! And they better be strong.

I mean I was burned out last year, this year I was hoping I would see things coming together but I have no confidence in Mike Canales going into his 4th year. The AD seems to shoot themselves in the foot every time they make a good move. And I am starting to waiver on Coach DMac. CUSA seems more and more like the second coming of the Sun Belt. Almost all the teams I was interested in being in a conference with are gone or leaving. Plus they are bringing the likes of UTSA which just weakens the conference more. It also puts us in a no win situation, we are expected to win against teams like UTSA so when we win there is no real credit and if we lose it is just embarrassing. The one step forward one step back our AD is doing is likely to allow UTSA to leave us in the dust. RV has lead us to 9 losing seasons out of the 12 he has been here WTF is that? We should give him an extension, oh wait we did. Who did that math? By the way to break our current record setting losing steak we need a 7-5 season, 6-6 is thrown in as a non wining season.

I am hoping the Defense shows us the way, well at this point is my only real hope. Maybe it is blackest before dawn and lighting will strike again. I Hope!!

Tailgating is the thing keeping me going and this year is not scheduled well for that with only two 6:00 Saturday games, one on Labor Day and one on Texas-OU weekend which will hurt tailgating in both cases.

Thank God for tequila

• Upvote 3

I need more than a few shots! And they better be strong.

I mean I was burned out last year, this year I was hoping I would see things coming together but I have no confidence in Mike Canales going into his 4th year. The AD seems to shoot themselves in the foot every time they make a good move. And I am starting to waiver on Coach DMac. CUSA seems more and more like the second coming of the Sun Belt. Almost all the teams I was interested in being in a conference with are gone or leaving. Plus they are bringing the likes of UTSA which just weakens the conference more. It also puts us in a no win situation, we are expected to win against teams like UTSA so when we win there is no real credit and if we lose it is just embarrassing. The one step forward one step back our AD is doing is likely to allow UTSA to leave us in the dust. RV has lead us to 9 losing seasons out of the 12 he has been here WTF is that? We should give him an extension, oh wait we did. Who did that math? By the way to break our current record setting losing steak we need a 7-5 season, 6-6 is thrown in as a non wining season.

I am hoping the Defense shows us the way, well at this point is my only real hope. Maybe it is blackest before dawn and lighting will strike again. I Hope!!

Tailgating is the thing keeping me going and this year is not scheduled well for that with only two 6:00 Saturday games, one on Labor Day and one on Texas-OU weekend which will hurt tailgating in both cases.

Thank God for tequila

Mac is going to let the defense run one offensive series from scrimmage every game.

• Upvote 1

When I have allowed North Texas athletics to become more than just the toy department of my own department store of what most of us call, uh, L-I-F-E, then a self-thrown cold glass of water in my face sometimes has to be the kind of wake-up call to reality that tells me I am taking all this Mean Green business way too serious.

Sure we all want to win every game, but if we let all the ancillary things that we sometimes allow to surround us for what others are getting paid to bug us or if we let all the other things we have no control make our lives miserable or an emotional shipwreck, then we are no longer allowing Mean Green athletics be our toy department, right?

If all this becomes more than just a leisure and recreation kind of thing to enjoy, then aren't we taking all this much too serious? So maybe just enjoy the tailgate fun, food & fellowship, sit back in a very comfortable Apogee Stadium, enjoy and look for an occasional silver lining while we go through a losing cycle? If we can no longer find those silver linings then we have ceased from letting Mean Green football to be our toy section and (subsequently) one could allow himself to become very miserable because of it.

This?

NCAA athletics is a multi-billion dollar business for some who choose it as a profession but it isn't for any of our respective pocket books and is not intended to be; yet we are the ones who to the person have to decide if we want to contribute or invest any part of our leisure time budget into any of this but at the same time trying to keep uppermost in each of our minds that such an investment is for a part of our lives we really need to find a way to enjoy--good times or bad.

"Whoa Nellie!" (oft' quote of ABC TV's Keith Jackson): I think about all those fans who filled stadiums for decades to watch losers like the University of Iowa (pre-Hayden Fry), Kansas State (pre-Bill Snyder) and many of those 2'nd division Atlantic Coast Conference basketball schools whose football teams just don't win much, either, yet whose fans still fill their stadiums to watch....losing football teams almost annually? :scared: Just what has been the glue that kept all their alums and fans so involved with their school's football teams since you know they want to win as much as we do at North Texas?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

You know what keeps me going? North Texas.

Not the current AD of North Texas. Not the current QB at North Texas. Not the conference affiliation of North Texas. Definitely not the current promotions department of North Texas!

As long as the jersey, uniform, batting helmet, shorts, or some other piece of equipment say North Texas I'm gonna show up when humanly possible and pull for the green team. Because NT will be my alma mater loooooong after RV, Lee Jackson, McCarney, Benford, etc have retired or moved on. So I'm still counting the days until Friday Aug 30th so I can put up my tent and tailgate all night and all day before I watch NORTH TEXAS whoop some Idaho ass! That's all I need.*

*Oh yeah, and my version of green kool-aid has been known to cause spontaneous nakedness by women and regrettable behavior. I'll have a couple gallons on hand on the 31st.

• Upvote 3

Not the current AD of North Texas. Not the current QB at North Texas. Not the conference affiliation of North Texas. Definitely not the current promotions department of North Texas!

As long as the jersey, uniform, batting helmet, shorts, or some other piece of equipment say North Texas I'm gonna show up when humanly possible and pull for the green team. Because NT will be my alma mater loooooong after RV, Lee Jackson, McCarney, Benford, etc have retired or moved on. So I'm still counting the days until Friday Aug 30th so I can put up my tent and tailgate all night and all day before I watch NORTH TEXAS whoop some Idaho ass! That's all I need.*

*Oh yeah, and my version of green kool-aid has been known to cause spontaneous nakedness by women and regrettable behavior. I'll have a couple gallons on hand on the 31st.

Yes!

green-kool-aid.jpg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

It seems to be that time of the month for several of my friends here. Break out the heating pad and wash down the Midol with a little Grey Goose. You will feel better by Wednesday.

• Upvote 1

Is you kool-aid even green?

Since we are discussing mood altering (hopefully in a positive direction) substances, I'll share the recipe for the kool-aid of my college days.

(2) 2 liter bottles of 7-up (or sprite)

(1) pint (16 oz) bottle of reconstituted lime juice

(1) pint (16 oz) bottle of reconstituted lemon juice

a fifth of Everclear

We called it "Green God dammits"....GGD's for short.

We made no claims as to its ability to cause spontaneous uninhibited behavior on the part of females, but we did guarantee that if you consumed too much it would "knock your headlights out".

• Upvote 1

Wise words in your last paragraph. Very wise indeed sir.

• Upvote 1

10 reasons you can sip the green Kool-Aid.

1. Big, talented, and deep O-line.

2. Solid stable of good running backs. We might actually hold some leads late in games.

3. DT threw for an average of 220.8 yds per game last year with a banged up and thin group of receivers.

4. Back up QBs could be better than DT.

5. Solid at LB with some depth and experience.

6. Numbers and talent in secondary look better.

7. CUSA with 4 Texas teams is much better place to be than what is left of the Sunbelt Conf.

8. Six home games! It is hard to build a record with 7 games on the road. We've proved that over an over again.

9. Finally having the full allotment of scholarships is huge.

10. A new conference with Texas teams to go along with a new stadium has to help with recruiting. I noticed 2 early commitments from area top 100.

Face it, recruiting has been an up hill battle for years. (MT. Everest) ...It just got a little easier.

If you decide to sip the green juice out of the now half full pitcher, keep your fingers crossed that the D-line stays healthy.

Cross your fingers on the other hand that Lance has some big years in Dallas as it would really help with recruiting.

• Upvote 1

Is you kool-aid even green?

Since we are discussing mood altering (hopefully in a positive direction) substances, I'll share the recipe for the kool-aid of my college days.

(2) 2 liter bottles of 7-up (or sprite)

(1) pint (16 oz) bottle of reconstituted lime juice

(1) pint (16 oz) bottle of reconstituted lemon juice

a fifth of Everclear

We called it "Green God dammits"....GGD's for short.

We made no claims as to its ability to cause spontaneous uninhibited behavior on the part of females, but we did guarantee that if you consumed too much it would "knock your headlights out".

It seems to be that time of the month for several of my friends here. Break out the heating pad and wash down the Midol with a little Grey Goose. You will feel better by Wednesday.

I am past the Kool-Aide for sure I feel like it is the beer option now, I need the liquor option I am calling it the Kook-Aide, I just want to see green again beyond reason, just another mean green kook.

But we are at the all time worst season records and longest losing seasons streak in our school history by far. 14 of our last 17 seasons have been losing and we just accomplished 8 losing seasons straight, along with the worst losing percentages ever in those seasons. We are at a all new bottom in North Texas history. And we are starting DT that has been coached by the same OC going into four seasons straight. The Troy game last year was the epitome of an inconsistent QB. The number schools that have pasted us in this time period is just sad.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 1