UNT non-conference opponent Ohio picked to win MAC East

Harry

The MAC released its preseason poll today in conjunction with its 2013 media day event.

Ohio, UNTs opponent in its second game of the season on Sept. 7 in Athens, was picked to win the East Division. The Bobcats received 15 of the 25 first-place votes and are flat loaded this year.

UNT will also face Ball State, another MAC team that was picked to finish third in the West and received three first-place votes on that side of the league. That game will be played on Sept. 14 at Apogee.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/07/unt-non-conference-opponent-picked-to-win-mac-east.html/

We have shown we can win at Apogee Stadium. Our next step for this football program to return to its successes

of the past is to start winning games on the road once again.

We knew this one was going to be tough game before Ohio U was even picked to win their division but still...this is the next step

for North Texas to get to that next level.

GMG!

PS: I'm pretty sure I had an event to DJ on that Game Day since I did most other Game Days. Saturdays in the Fall tend to be a work day in my business, but this Fall I've purposely scheduled around those Game Days at fabulous Apogee Stadium for our inaugural year in Conference-USA! :bbq:

GMG ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Boy man that double overtime loss to Ohio in the monsoon still stings... Roll call, who all was at that game?

Thanks for bringing up that epic crotch kick of a game, Harry! I can still see the winning touchdown bouncing off of the facemask. IMO changed the entire complexion of that season.

Ii was there. Tht game had everything I remember about the Todd Dodge era.

-Riley fumbling? Check

-Throwing when we should have run...and it biting us in the ass? Check

-Manufacturing ways to lose? Check

Worst era in North Texas history...but I think Benford has high hopes.

• Upvote 1

I was there. The game sucked. We were set for 25k plus after an opening road victory over a Ball St. team everyone thought was much better than they were at the time. The rains came and the crowd went... elsewhere.

The one good thing about that weekend is it filled up the lake. Would I take that same scenario again this year? Well, we REALLY need the water...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was there--soaked from the top of my head all the way down to my toes. Can't believe we lost that game still. I remember Riley getting hurt (shocker) and that Tune came in and was asked to make a long throw on 3rd down that got pick-sixed. Then, we come back and have to settle for a FG to go to OT and then figure out every single way to blow that game. That season was so amazingly frustrating--lost so many games that were very winnable (Ohio, FAU, Army, and others). But, in the long run, if we had won even two other games that year, I could've seen RV giving Todd Dodge an extension--thank about that for a second... :no:

• Upvote 1

Sounds like you need a North Texas Cup - a "must have" for every UNT football fan.

317eir8.jpg

I'll be sending you the bill for the therapy I'll be needing after seeing that. It might be cheaper to just gouge out my eyes with an ice pick. :sword:

• Upvote 2