I'm sorry Tony

emmitt01

So all of you who predicted the scouts would see thru the coaching and said Tony would show his true self at the draft workouts still blame Benford?

Absolutely.

Benford should have been fired the day after LaLa. He totally screwed TM with complete coaching chaos.

But you keep buying the party line.

We will win less than 10 games next year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Benford sucks, but Mitchell got down when the goings got tough and gave the school that gave him a chance to be a top 5 draft pick the middle finger. He stopped caring and by his own admission, "coasted." Sure, Benford is the reason why Mitchell got a little disheartened, but an athlete of his caliber should have more motivation than the minute amount that T-Mitch showed after the UAH game.

Good riddance.

Benford didn't make Mitchell pout and whine like a baby. Benford didn't make Mitchell miss practice and skip meetings or show up late. Benford didn't make Mitchell walk back down the court. So on, and so forth.

T-Mitch will either:

a.) Do the same thing after he gets a roster spot with the Pistons and the Pistons start losing

or

b.) Grow up and be a man.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 6

Personally, I think that UNT is better off without him. Will we be worse next year? Can't say for sure. Since we're stuck with Benford, probably? But since we have to deal with him, I'll give him another chance. Maybe it was injuries, I don't know. We have a lot of talent and, personally, I think T-Mitch's attitude became a cancer. We'll see if I was right next year.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Personally, I think that UNT is better off without him. Will we be worse next year? Can't say for sure. Since we're stuck with Benford, probably? But since we have to deal with him, I'll give him another chance. Maybe it was injuries, I don't know. We have a lot of talent and, personally, I think T-Mitch's attitude became a cancer. We'll see if I was right next year.

Awesome. We can add fan appreciation to the Benford experience on Tony's list of reasons to ever step foot on campus again.

Here's the harsh truth. If North Texas can F up a good thing, they will.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Gee, of all the positives to bring up about a player as he is being introduced, the ESPN announcers chose words like "Checkered Past" and "Didnt play as hard as he could have" to describe him.

Who's fault is that?

Rick

It's BENFORD'S FAULT, Rick!

No personal responsibility, blame it on someone else.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Awesome. We can add fan appreciation to the Benford experience on Tony's list of reasons to ever step foot on campus again.

Here's the harsh truth. If North Texas can F up a good thing, they will.

What exactly did Tony do, other than make us look like a school with a player that we didn't know how to use?

Tony made us look SMALLER TIME than we are.

• Downvote 2

I got to watch him for a year and a half in a North Texas jersey. Nobody can take that away. Not even Tony, even if he regrets coming here.

It happened, and nobody can erase it. Hate your asses off, idiots. We will never see another player of his caliber ever again.

It's all over now. There will be no encores. But I'll never forget seeing him in our colors. At least that happened.

I got to watch him for a year and a half in a North Texas jersey. Nobody can take that away. Not even Tony, even if he regrets coming here.

It happened, and nobody can erase it. Hate your asses off, idiots. We will never see another player of his caliber ever again.

It's all over now. There will be no encores. But I'll never forget seeing him in our colors. At least that happened.

It'll never happen again because of Tony Mitchell.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4