I'm sorry Tony

emmitt01

I got to watch him for a year and a half in a North Texas jersey. Nobody can take that away. Not even Tony, even if he regrets coming here.

It happened, and nobody can erase it. Hate your asses off, idiots. We will never see another player of his caliber ever again.

It's all over now. There will be no encores. But I'll never forget seeing him in our colors. At least that happened.

Agreed.

Seeing him in Hot Springs both years I went is something I'll never forget. That first year with the million blocks he had there is especially something I'll always treasure.

• Upvote 1

I got to watch him for a year and a half in a North Texas jersey. Nobody can take that away. Not even Tony, even if he regrets coming here.

It happened, and nobody can erase it. Hate your asses off, idiots. We will never see another player of his caliber ever again.

It's all over now. There will be no encores. But I'll never forget seeing him in our colors. At least that happened.

Don't you understand Tasty. We'll see a North Texas player taken in the NBA draft again as soon as, well, maybe never. We are in a fine position to disparage facial expressions, demeanor or PERCEIVED effort when it comes to our ALL TIME BLOCKED SHOTS LEADER.

Only at North Texas!

And never again.

Don't you understand Tasty. We'll see a North Texas player taken in the NBA draft again as soon as, well, maybe never. We are in a fine position to disparage facial expressions, demeanor or PERCEIVED effort when it comes to our ALL TIME BLOCKED SHOTS LEADER.

Only at North Texas!

And never again.

You know so much about basketball, you should be an NBA recruiter. You can prove them all wrong!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

It'll never happen again because of Tony Mitchell.

If he had thrown up 50 a games it'd probably never happen again. Remember, when he signed with Mizzou, he was the highest recruited player they'd ever had. And they have a helluva basketball legacy.

• Upvote 1

Says the fans that never saw or has forgotten about Kennith Lyons, Tony Worrell, Chris Davis or the many countless other great players at North Texas who had great talent PLUS the will to take over a game and carry their team on their shoulders.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Says the fans that never saw Kennith Lyons, Tony Worrell, Chris Davis or any countless other great players at North Texas who had great talent PLS the will to take over a game and carry their team on their shoulders.

Rick

I think there are dozens of players in UNT history that have had way more impact on us that T-Mitch.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Says the fans that never saw Kennith Lyons, Tony Worrell, Chris Davis or any countless other great players at North Texas who had great talent PLS the will to take over a game and carry their team on their shoulders.

Rick

I watched Chris Davis' career. He was no Tony Mitchell.

• Upvote 4

It seems like everyone else notices Tony's motor issues except for UNT. We know more than NBA recruiters, though.

:goodjob:

Part of coaching is having the ability to get the most out of your players. The ability to motivate & push them to achieve their full potential. None of that happened with TM this year. Look at what the team accomplished the previous year under JJ. They picked up their level of play and were within a few seconds of a NCAA tourney birth.

If NT had a winning record, TM would be a 1st round pick today.

• Upvote 3

Or the prevailing attitude that having talent but only giving 33% effort makes you worthy of a fanbase drooling over you.

Talent only gets you so far.

Rewind around 2 years ago, do you wish we told Tony "no, we don't want you?"

Do we never take hyper-talented athletes again because they just might not live up to expectations?

Yeah, in a jumping and shot blocking contest.... I agree completely.

Rick

Chris Davis had one winning season in four seasons in NT. If we use the same sort of standard that Michell should have carried the team to better records, the same could be said of Davis.

For the record, yes Davis was a helluva player. He's had a great career overseas too, hasn't he? I remember reading he was the MVP of one of those European leagues a few years back. He's probably done quite well for himself monetarily.

Adam McCoy has too. Now, that is an interesting case, isn't it? McCoy barely even played until like the last ten games of his career here. Do people say now that he sucked because he didn't give the effort he should have...or that he's making us proud now?

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

I still don't see why this has to be one or the other. Benford sucked and TM "coasted." Both are facts and both are true. I tend to fall into the camp that says great players play 100% no matter what. I refuse to accept that it is ok to slack off because you are losing.

But still, Benford sucks.

Exactly this. If you don't bow at the feet of the almighty Tony Mitchell because of his talent, you are contributing to the problem at North Texas, though. Benford is our only problem. Clearly.

Sorry to let you down.

/sarcasm

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Rewind around 2 years ago, do you wish we told Tony "no, we don't want you?"

Do we never take hyper-talented athletes again because they just might not live up to expectations?

Absolutely not. But that also doesn't mean I just mindlessly worship them when they clearly don't try and underperform terribly.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I still don't see why this has to be one or the other. Benford sucked and TM "coasted." Both are facts and both are true. I tend to fall into the camp that says great players play 100% no matter what. I refuse to accept that it is ok to slack off because you are losing.

But still, Benford sucks.

I agree with this.

• Upvote 1