The next long term OOC contract should be with Houston

Harry

As for long-term contracts, not in favor of any more other than SMU or TCU. I think it's better to have a series of home-and-home with a variety of opponents. I would target AAC, MWC, ACC and any lower-level B12, SEC, B10 or PAC we could convince to play a DFW recruiting game. Elites like Bama, USC or Ohio St are not gonna happen, but it's possible to get a Oregon St, Arizona, Illinois, Purdue, Miss St, Maryland, type team.

• Upvote 1

I don't get why we want to lock up half of our OOC schedule for such a long time. Lets keep our options open so we can try to get some big name schools in Apogee.

I agree with the first part of your post a lot. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that last sentence...

• Upvote 1

I think that what the move to C-USA provided more than anything else is a good bargaining position when it comes to local games. You can never have enough local games, but NT is not starving for those anymore. I say NT should take any texas FBS opponent on if they give NT a "fair" deal. That of course does not mean the same for every opponent.

For TxSt that means a 3 for 2 in NTs favor. For most others it means an even 2 for 2 or 1 for 1 or so. We are not starving for local games as much as for example SMU or Houston, and SMUs partly reacted to that with deciding to take NT on again. Houston is nice, but NT already travels down there once every other year. Baylor, Tech TCU etc are all lovely, but not at the cost of getting less home games. NT is already in trouble again for getting 6 home games in 2015.

I guess with A&M I could live with 1 for 2 if we got additional cash that let's us buy a home game with someone else. With UT let's say a neutral one at jerry world and one at their place and some cash.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If this was posted on Coogfans, the responses would be much harsher than anything I've ever posted.

That's kind of the point. It was posted on OUR BOARD. We don't feel the need to start shit on Houston's board, especially if there are more of...well, you.

The titties on this guy are incredible.

It's the meatloaf diet.

1) nor should you ever compare us to the likes of you.

1a) the fact that people keep spreading something that is clearly untrue really pisses me off to no end.

2) We're just taking back what's ours.

3) Says the school who has lost to everybody under the sun.

4) If we blew you out by the team bus in back to back years, why would we be afraid of playing with you again?

5) Ask this question on Coogfans then.

1) Then GO AWAY.

2) Taking back what, the UNT board? Is this a Clerks II reference?

3) Thanks, Mrs. Pot. Can you put some meatloaf in my kettle?

4) That's not the meat I was talking about, but it does make me feel sexy, thanks.

5) The first rule of Project Coogfans is that you don't ask questions. Except maybe why they don't give you enough to talk about...wait, did they all want you to go away too? That would be a convenient truth.

• Upvote 1

That's kind of the point. It was posted on OUR BOARD. We don't feel the need to start shit on Houston's board, especially if there are more of...well, you.

It's the meatloaf diet.

1) Then GO AWAY.

2) Taking back what, the UNT board? Is this a Clerks II reference?

3) Thanks, Mrs. Pot. Can you put some meatloaf in my kettle?

4) That's not the meat I was talking about, but it does make me feel sexy, thanks.

5) The first rule of Project Coogfans is that you don't ask questions. Except maybe why they don't give you enough to talk about...wait, did they all want you to go away too? That would be a convenient truth.

tumblr_lzkxta5hcM1qd8nujo1_500.gif

If coming here pisses ole mommy's meatloaf off to no end then why does he keep coming back? I also think his excuse for running home to the basement is reminiscent of Manti Teo. Except of course for the sympathy vote, someone other than a girlfriend had to be saved by his martyrdom because no one would believe this basement dwelling troll has a girlfriend.

I see no reason for Houston to be interested in a long term series with NT. There are few OC slots for any team, so teams want to schedule teams that raise fans interest, bring a lot of their fans to the game, or perhaps provide an easy win. NT currently only fulfills one of those criteria for Houston.

On the other hand, it doesn't do a lot for NT either. Apparently, assuming 4 oc games in CUSA; NT with it's philopsophy of one big time opponent guaranteed game a year, there are only going to be two home and away slots available. If RV sticks with his 6 home games a year, than there is going to be an Idaho or FCS team in Denton every year. If the SMU series holds and I have my doubts, that leaves only one other home and away game series a year. Personally, I had rather have a service academy or other rival than UH and SMU for years.

I agree. We bring nothing to the table playing Houston.However,I would love to have SMU annually.

Not a chance. They did a 1 for 1 with Texas Tech & recently got a home & home with Southern Miss.

I get that, but for us right now it is not interesting to play them even. We have enough local gamesand don't need to add one just to add one. With TxS we would need a little extra for it to be interesting. I don't blame TxSt though if they thought that would not be interesting to them, but even would not advance our schedullling.