Mac and RV have some work to do

Typical air head on campus. Few have been shown that athletic events can actually be a part of their social life. A quality product on the field that at least wins at home would sure help.

Who can we blame for that? The AD not working with Student Life? The University Admin for not putting Athletics higher up on the pedestal, new facilities not withstanding?

Serious lack of communication with UNT and no clear message showing Athletics is a huge gateway to bigger and better things, the least being getting alumni back interested in their university.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Probably not transfers, which are NT's largest population by far. That should change if not the case, but it is harder to do. Freshmen come for a couple of days and transfers for a day (or part of a day) and there are those pesky academic issues to deal with.

Are you just guessing, or do you have data to support your statement regarding transfers?

Who can we blame for that? The AD not working with Student Life? The University Admin for not putting Athletics higher up on the pedestal, new facilities not withstanding?

Serious lack of communication with UNT and no clear message showing Athletics is a huge gateway to bigger and better things, the least being getting alumni back interested in their university.

Lol.

The apathy stretches back a very long time. Couple that with a program that is not winning, and yes, you'll have answers like these from the student population.

People in admin are not the problem anymore. Maybe a long time ago, yes. But not now.

Transfers are no where near the largest segment of the student population.

Athletics does work with Student Affairs;

Feshmen students do go through an orientation that includes athletics...often an event at Apogee as well;

Things are not the same as they were even five years ago. If you are going on info about UNT even 5 years old, you are way ourt of date; and

This is not the same UNT, but it will take time to change a culture that has exisited since "forever". Always knocking the university, not supporting the university with your time, talent and/or treasure is not helping.

• Upvote 4

We bring in more transfer students than freshmen. Period.

We have one of the largest transfer populations in the nation, not just the state.

My info on transfer orientation is 4 years old, but I was involved in it and don't remember any ra-ra stuff.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/the-short-list-college/articles/2012/07/10/10-colleges-with-the-most-transfer-students

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We bring in more transfer students than freshmen. Period.

We have one of the largest transfer populations in the nation, not just the state.

My info on transfer orientation is 4 years old, but I was involved in it and don't remember any ra-ra stuff.

More freshmen than undergraduate transfers. And at transfer orientation you learn the claw, alma mater, and the fight song. I attended three years ago.

• Upvote 2

More freshmen than undergraduate transfers. And at transfer orientation you learn the claw, alma mater, and the fight song. I attended three years ago.

They pushed athletics heavily at orientation 3 years ago. They took everyone to Apogee and were hardcore about it when my girlfriend had orientation 2 years ago.

• Upvote 1