Gill Brant: Atterberry could get an NFL look

Harry

gallery_1_132_169358.jpg

Representatives from five NFL teams gathered in Denton, Texas at the University of North Texas’ Apogee Stadium — which opened in 2011 — to watch 20 athletes work out on FieldTurf.

William Atterberry, punter (5-foot-9 5/8, 216 pounds) — Atterberry ran the 40-yard dash in 5.00 seconds. He punted the ball well and with good hang time. Atterberry has a chance to be a rookie free-agent pickup following the 2013 NFL Draft.

Read more: http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/06/north-texas-punter-william-atterberry-could-get-an-nfl-look/

I would think there is a great chance of this happening for Will...seems odd to have him referred to as William...I think Will has earned the right to get a shot.

Go get 'em Will...the Mean green Nation is in your corner!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3

I really hope he ends up making it in the NFL. That being said, there are 32 punters in the entire world on NFL rosters, and they play until they're 40. Punter and kicker are probably the 2 hardest positions to make it to the NFL for that reason. There are a few teams that'll carry 2 kickers, but nobody carries 2 punters. Not saying its impossible, but he's definitely fighting an uphill battle. I hope it works out for him, but Power and Fortenberry have the best shot of the guys that just graduated.

• Upvote 2