Absolutely horrible game

GrandGreen

Now I don't care who you are that is funny right there

You're right. It's funny as hell watching this turd of season dash away any momentum this program has gained over the last few years.

You're free to think and feel whatever you want, but this whistling past the graveyard crap is not cute. Its not funny, and certainly has no basis in reality. I would love to see Benturd make this thing work, but I see absolutely no indications that will happen. Not one.

What is more disturbing is the long term effects this season could have on our program. If this team was over hyped, Benturd was more guilty than anyone for this. He talked so much smack in the off season about this team being the deepest he's ever been around, players that were Big East caliber, etc. The results have not much the bill of goods that he sold the fan base. He could have just as easily come in here and tapped the brakes, given himself and the team a little breathing room, but he didn't.

This looks really bad on either his ability to evalute talent or coach that talent into a successful team. Believe me, potential recruits were listening to him talk this team up as well. So, now how does he present this season to those recruits? Does he take the same path you have and blame it on his players for not executing his stupendous gameplans? That's not going to win many battles on the recruiting trails, because these kids have watched or played against the guys we have on the court. They know they have skills.

• Upvote 4

This team will be lucky to win 4 or 5 conference games. It is that bad. The Benford hire is turning into the football version of Todd Dodge. There is simply NO EXCUSE for this team's performance. It's not like Benford came in and inherited a mess like Johnny Jones did. He inherited a team picked by most to be a favorite for the Sun Belt title and an NCAA bid.

After this I think Rick Villarreal has to be on the hot seat. I know he's done a lot for UNT athletics especially when it comes to facilities but his hires in the major sports (Dodge, Benford, Stephens, the jury is still out on McCarney) have been nothing short of disasters.

Edited by stryker
  • Upvote 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="greenminer" data-cid="696100" data-time="1355725316"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Quoner" data-cid="696030" data-time="1355704914"><p><br />

Why are there so many Andrews now?</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

I'm gonna run a 2-1-2 zone post scheme to beat this. It's fool proof.</p></blockquote>

• Upvote 1