NEXT YEAR...not asking what if, but stating....NEXT YEAR!

trussbussdad

After watching yesterdays games and seeing the bowl games align; I firmly believe that this NEXT YEAR, the third year of MAC, the complaining on this board will be not about loosing this game or that game but the travel issues to the bowl game we will be going too. Call it being a homer, being overly optimistic or a prayerful vision...next year will be NEXT YEAR!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

For Mac's sake I hope Year 3 is the turnaround as some of us have projected it would be.

The recruiting services have not given us good grades across the board if one goes by all that they say with their star system. Yet if ever a program needs to have a turnaround it is this program and it is also this athletic department. I actually think they are running out of time as well. Production is still all about ticket sales and booster club membership increases and we have neither at North Texas even with Apogee Stadium. Compare the numbers using both of those aforementioned as barometers first looking at the Year 2003 (after the winning bowl year of 2002) to this year? See what I mean? Someone must have some strategic pics of our Prez and/or BOR's in uncompromising positions to keep their jobs it sometimes seems. (a poor attempt at humor)

As a whole and (still) looking at the last 10 years overall records, this athletic department seems to not have to answer to anyone on campus except themselves

and runs a pretty loose operation from all of you who go up there and have observed on a normal work day have even suggested on this forum at time. You know,

like "where is everyone after 2:00 PM on Friday" issues some of you have posted about?

Cut and paste link to top of page address bar and click for the photo.

C:Users1Pictures2012-03-28 The RanchnfTRMerererre.jpg

And it becomes evident each progressing year that our top echelon leaders seem to run things at North Texas like the beaurocrats in Washington D.C; you know, that place up

near Virginia where we (for the most part) send non-businessmen (uh, lawyers are lawyers--usually "not" businessmen) to run the biggest business in the world--the United States of America?

And what does any of this have to do with next year? I really think much hangs in the balance with Year 3 in more ways than one, ie, our first year in what will be a much tougher

Conference-USA compared to the SBC and if we look at the last 8 years of football in the SBC I think Year 3 for Coach Mac becomes important for more than just him. We need to all

hope it does as alumnus and fans quite frankly.

Some say it's just a " no facilities" thing at North Texas. Well, we''ve had the Super Pit since 1973 and look how it has been squaundered as a top rate facility since? As Bill Clinton would say as his nose would begin to grow...."Listen to me now"..........it is those you hire that makes your facilities shine--not the facilities and I think we of North Texas know that better today than ever before.

The running of this athletic program has been the source of frustration for more UNT alums/fans than just the RV years truth be known. It's almost as if our upper echelon'

leaders are at the point of "no one else we can hire (uh, HELLO?) can do better so lets just keep giving who we do have pay raises and contract extenstions--after all, they

are good family men and women we have here." :blink:

If ever a nation of fans and alums deserve more than what we've been getting last few decades it is all of us, ie, the Mean Green Nation.

OK, time for the meds and my first cup of Sunday AM coffee.

Have A Nice Day! :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think you may be wrong. If all things break right our offense could be mighty potent. Who is with me?

GMG

We have all the weapons needed for the offense to be very successful , but after this BB debacle I'm not getting my hopes up anymore on anything

• Upvote 1

It doesn't pay to be optimistic about NT football and apparently even worse now in basketball.

NT will have a much more experienced team next year plus apparently the best depth they have had in a long time. I think they will be improved but there is not a sure victory on the schedule and I don't see one team other than Idaho that NT will be favored over. UTSA, UTEP, and Tulane should be easy victories for most teams, but will be dogfights for NT.

There is a good chance that this team could gel and turn the corner; but the finish of this year did not bode well. Most units should be improved but this team has too have a lot more difference makers. An improved passing game, defensive front line, and secondary are all musts for NT to be better. May happen, but far from a sure thing.

If Berglund can play, we will win at least 6 games next year, assuming health isn't a huge issue. CUSA in 2013 won't be any better than the SBC of 2012. We have one game next year that is unwinnable on the field (big W to the bank account, though) in UGA, but the others are against teams we can compete against. If we don't get to 6 wins, then I'll come off the Coach Mac bandwagon, but I think we will see it come together next year.

• Upvote 1

If Berglund can play, we will win at least 6 games next year, assuming health isn't a huge issue. CUSA in 2013 won't be any better than the SBC of 2012. We have one game next year that is unwinnable on the field (big W to the bank account, though) in UGA, but the others are against teams we can compete against. If we don't get to 6 wins, then I'll come off the Coach Mac bandwagon, but I think we will see it come together next year.

Berglund won't play a down of defense. Until we improve in the D Line, secondary, and the O-Line plays like it did at KSU we have many other more pressing problems than QB. If Turner Gill was this guy's idea of a great maker of QBs Canales may not have too bright a QB prospect to work with.

Edited by DallasGreen