I herby declare it the Brock Berglund era!

MeanGreenZen

Just a guess, but I think we saw Derek's last game as a member of this team. Pure speculation on my part.

I have been wondering the same thing. I haven't enjoyed watching him play quarterback this year, but have to question the coaching that has led to the results this season. I was just wondering today after listening to the game on the way back from a long weekend, have we done anything tricky, even a shuffle pass after the Troy game? Maybe we tried too much in that game, but It really seems like to me the whole team has progressively gone into a shell since then.

I have been wondering the same thing. I haven't enjoyed watching him play quarterback this year, but have to question the coaching that has led to the results this season. I was just wondering today after listening to the game on the way back from a long weekend, have we done anything tricky, even a shuffle pass after the Troy game? Maybe we tried too much in that game, but It really seems like to me the whole team has progressively gone into a shell since then.

We shuffle passed several times today.

• Upvote 1

DT doesn't stike me as a quiter....he may not be the qb, but I don't see him leaving the team

He is not happy in grad school for one thing. Pretty beat up physically from what I understand. And Mac has all but named Brock the starter, just gushes about him at the coaches show. I didn't mean to sound like he is a quitter.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 1

Am I the only one who thinks its a bad idea to place all of your school's hopes and dreams upon the shoulders of a guy who hasn't played a down of organized football in about 2 years?

No. That's why there are a number of fans that question the recruiting being done by this staff.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

People need to realize that Berglund is only going to be a redshirt sophomore next year. Even if he doesn't light things up at first, he will still have time to develop. The important thing is that he actually develops, unlike DT who I personally witnessed improve none whatsoever from the first home game against Houston last year until the last home game against South Alabama, not even mentioning his road woes.

Also, even if Berglund isn't doing great throwing the ball he at least brings the aspect of a running quarterback to our offense. Bad throwing games happen, but unless Berglund has an injury or something, he isn't going to wake up and be less athletic or fast on any gameday. I just don't see how he can be any worse throwing the football than DT.

• Upvote 2

Whoever wins the job will be our quarterback. I will support the decision of our coaches. They know more than

our fanbase about who can advance our teams chance for success. I believe qb could be a position of depth with Thompson, Berglund and the incoming recruit whose name escapes my grasp. I still believe good things are on the horizon.

GMG

• Upvote 5