K state v UAH

Andrew

Probably because KState actually defended them from behind the line. We helped provide the Wildcats with a nice UAH scouting report + video for their war room.

The commentators mentioned that. They also said North Texas didnt apply much on ball pressure compared to KState. Take it for what its worth.

Sure... It only took them about 4 years!

I know, I know. The point was that worse has happened to teams (in regards to one game collapses) and they've recovered from it. Hell, I even think Penn State will recover eventually. Well...okay maybe not.

We should still be embarrassed and ashamed of getting best by that team, I would rather get beat by 25 to K St than get beat by 3 to these clowns from uah

Oh me too, I absolutely agree. I hope Benford shows this team clips of that game at the start of every film session, before every practice, and before every game. This team should be HUMILIATED by the loss. But, us fans need to relax. Crazy things happen. Even UAH's coach liked it to a 16 seed beating a 1 seed in the NCAA Tourney. We'd beat this team 99 times out of 100. It was just the perfect storm of events...going up against a super motivated team with nothing to lose that happens to have a fantastic night shooting, and on our end, lots of talent that hasn't had time to coalesce, coming off a 20 point loss to a top 25 team, looking ahead to the matchup against K-State, new coach, and then a bad night shooting on top of it. These things suck, but they happen every now and then. Unfortunately for us North Texas fans, they seem to happen to us a lot in our money sports.

I think the #1 thing going forward is Mitchell getting touches and shots on offense. He took 16 shots tonight and 8 free throws. Only hit 6 and 4 respectively, which is a VERY off night for him...but the fact that he took 16 shots is VERY promising. When he's shooting at his normal 50% clip from the field and 75% from the line, we will win when he takes his shots.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Only one book had a line on the NT-UH game Heritage Sports. The line was 20.5. I joked with a buddy that someone posted that Tony Mitchell was out drinking in Manhattan the night before. Something must have been up. It is clear the UAH team was over looked. It does happen in basketball. I agree with the permanent stain comment but hope that it is in the back of the minds of the entire team the rest of the season. It was just an accident. You still have to play a little defense to beat a D-2 squad. We all know that if NT played KST tonight the game would've been competitive, maybe even more competitive than the Crayon game. Its a disturbing loss but all we can do is look past it and focus on Sun Belt play. We should run the table and maybe only L 1-2 more games.

I know, I know. The point was that worse has happened to teams (in regards to one game collapses) and they've recovered from it. Hell, I even think Penn State will recover eventually. Well...okay maybe not.

Oh me too, I absolutely agree. I hope Benford shows this team clips of that game at the start of every film session, before every practice, and before every game. This team should be HUMILIATED by the loss. But, us fans need to relax. Crazy things happen. Even UAH's coach liked it to a 16 seed beating a 1 seed in the NCAA Tourney. We'd beat this team 99 times out of 100. It was just the perfect storm of events...going up against a super motivated team with nothing to lose that happens to have a fantastic night shooting, and on our end, lots of talent that hasn't had time to coalesce, coming off a 20 point loss to a top 25 team, looking ahead to the matchup against K-State, new coach, and then a bad night shooting on top of it. These things suck, but they happen every now and then. Unfortunately for us North Texas fans, they seem to happen to us a lot in our money sports.

I think the #1 thing going forward is Mitchell getting touches and shots on offense. He took 16 shots tonight and 8 free throws. Only hit 6 and 4 respectively, which is a VERY off night for him...but the fact that he took 16 shots is VERY promising. When he's shooting at his normal 50% clip from the field and 75% from the line, we will win when he takes his shots.

Um that is Michigan they were always going to to recover. They get 100,000 to come to the Big House every home game and they fired the coach that lost to App St.

You realize that saying us losing to a DII is like a 16 beating a 1 is extra rediculous, right? Since a 16 has NEVER beaten a 1 that should just continue to prove how terribly embarrassing that loss is.

A better question for the board is how long until Benford regains fan support after that debacle? Is it even possible?

Only one book had a line on the NT-UH game Heritage Sports. The line was 20.5. I joked with a buddy that someone posted that Tony Mitchell was out drinking in Manhattan the night before. Something must have been up. It is clear the UAH team was over looked. It does happen in basketball. I agree with the permanent stain comment but hope that it is in the back of the minds of the entire team the rest of the season. It was just an accident. You still have to play a little defense to beat a D-2 squad. We all know that if NT played KST tonight the game would've been competitive, maybe even more competitive than the Crayon game. Its a disturbing loss but all we can do is look past it and focus on Sun Belt play. We should run the table and maybe only L 1-2 more games.

No, we all don't know this. As a matter of fact, I would suggest to you that K. St. would have beat us by about 20. We are not a good basketball team right now. We just happened to play a worse team in Lamar (thank god).

I would expect a conference record between 9-7 and 11-5 this year. I don't think we beat Lehigh at home and St. Louis is gonna KILL us.

So, in essence, with the best talent we have had in years, we essentialy do what we did last year.

Great.

If we played KState we would have been drilled by about 30 points. And if we did happen to get hot, our dumbass coach would just destroy it with substitutions.

• Upvote 1

A better question for the board is how long until Benford regains fan support after that debacle? Is it even possible?

If we go on a long (as in ten games or more) win streak, I think most of us will cautiously embrace him again. If we win the league I think we would too. You know JJ wasn't always liked that much around here until he won the SBC Tourney in 2007 (up until then he was basically .500 in his previous five seasons). Getting some sort of title gives you a lot of slack.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

If we go on a long (as in ten games or more) win streak, I think most of us will cautiously embrace him again. If we win the league I think we would too. You know JJ wasn't always liked that much around here until he won the SBC Tourney in 2007 (up until then he was basically .500 in his previous five seasons). Getting a some sort of title gives you a lot of slack.

Honestly, I'm expecting a spotless run until 12/5 @ St. Louis. Win, or at least play competitively in that game, and I'll hop back on board.

If we go on a long (as in ten games or more) win streak, I think most of us will cautiously embrace him again. If we win the league I think we would too. You know JJ wasn't always liked that much around here until he won the SBC Tourney in 2007 (up until then he was basically .500 in his previous five seasons). Getting some sort of title gives you a lot of slack.

JJ took over at a time when the fanbase was tiny and the team was horrible. He brought the team to .500 for 5 years before finally breaking through with a good team and 20+ wins and a NCAA bid. He never lost to a D2 team. I agree JJ wasn't liked that much until he won, but he also wasn't hated after his 2nd game with a team with very high expectations and a fan base that is 5 times the size it was a decade ago. That is a very deep hole to crawl out of, it can be done, but this team is going to have to really win alot of game for that to happen.

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 1

JJ took over at a time when the fanbase was tiny and the team was horrible. He brought the team to .500 for 5 years before finally breaking through with a good team and 20+ wins and a NCAA bid. He never lost to a D2 team. I agree JJ wasn't liked that much until he won, but he also wasn't hated after his 2nd game with a team with very high expectations and a fan base that is 5 times the size it was a decade ago. That is a very deep hole to crawl out of, it can be done, but this team is going to have to really win alot of game for that to happen.

I'm not disputing much of that you say (and JJ did have a great first year given the circumstances). My post, when broken down, was more along the lines of - winning cures cancer. Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure k state spent all last week preparing to play uah on Tuesday night and that's why they won last night.

Don't you think you're getting too far ahead? We haven't even seen one home crowd since that loss. We have no idea how deep the hole is.

I get your point, but it's not just a UNT fanbase hole. It's a regional/national perception hole we should be worried about crawling out of at this point.

I think everyone is COMPLETELY overreacting to this loss. This isn't football guys. It's basketball. There are 28 freaking games left. We played a better than expected opponent who had the game of their lives when we had one of the worst games of ours. It happens. There isn't a regional/national perception hole to crawl out of. That's all in your imaginations. Relax everyone. My god, it was one freaking game. Beating Lamar by 15 isn't exactly something to celebrate, no, but there are positive signs out of all of this. Tony took 16 shots. CJ finally shot well and had 7 assists. Alzee had a great scoring night. JW put up 26 the other night when no one else showed up. The team will come together, it takes time. This is a team with a lot of talent that hasn't had a lot of time together. Tony and CJ/JW haven't all played together since early conference play last year. Come year end, we'll be 14-2 in conference with 25 wins. Book it.

• Downvote 3

I think everyone is COMPLETELY overreacting to this loss. This isn't football guys. It's basketball. There are 28 freaking games left. We played a better than expected opponent who had the game of their lives when we had one of the worst games of ours. It happens. There isn't a regional/national perception hole to crawl out of. That's all in your imaginations. Relax everyone. My god, it was one freaking game. Beating Lamar by 15 isn't exactly something to celebrate, no, but there are positive signs out of all of this. Tony took 16 shots. CJ finally shot well and had 7 assists. Alzee had a great scoring night. JW put up 26 the other night when no one else showed up. The team will come together, it takes time. This is a team with a lot of talent that hasn't had a lot of time together. Tony and CJ/JW haven't all played together since early conference play last year. Come year end, we'll be 14-2 in conference with 25 wins. Book it.

LOLOLOLOLOLZ

• Upvote 3