two things...

Green Crazy

the first 3 quarters or until mtsu quit was the worst i've seen in my 10 years of watching our games. unprepared (with 4 extra days to prepare), poor game plans, poor play, no adjusting at halftime, etc. this was bad from the top down.

my second observation, i've never seen such a bad game from a single player, that's not a qb as busby had. his day was rough! missed tackles, missed assignments, i think his mind missed the bus to the game. trice wan't much better, by the way. how the hell did they keep getting our safeties manned up on their wr's?

but, we won the second half again! :thumbsup:

oh! i totally forgot about the genius (jason garrett like) call of not going for two to make it a 2 posession game at 38 - 24, but, then kickcing an onside kick??? that was laughable!

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 4

the first 3 quarters or until mtsu quit was the worst i've seen in my 10 years of watching our games. unprepared (with 4 extra days to prepare), poor game plans, poor play, no adjusting at halftime, etc. this was bad from the top down.

my second observation, i've never seen such a bad game from a single player, that's not a qb as busby had. his day was rough! missed tackles, missed assignments, i think his mind missed the bus to the game. trice wan't much better, by the way. how the hell did they keep getting our safeties manned up on their wr's?

but, we won the second half again! :thumbsup:

oh! i totally forgot about the genius (jason garrett like) call of not going for two to make it a 2 posession game at 38 - 24, but, then kickcing an onside kick??? that was laughable!

So what you saw in the first half of today, was WORSE than what you saw in game 1 of Dodge at OU?

We're a better team than we were at those times and we're better coached than we were then also against far worse competition. Defense was horrible, snaps that were unexpected, bad qb play, not making adjustments ( how many times did they have someone open over the middle) bad preparation, etc. With 4 extra days to prepare! Yes, the OU game and the rice games were horrible, but I'll put the first 2 1/2 quarters against those games that I remember all to well. We were outmatched those games, we played piss poor today. Playing badly is what I was talking about when I started this.

• Upvote 1

It would have been a long shot still, but a two possession game certainly would have given the last 5 minutes a different feel.