Apogee Seating Breakdown

CurveItAround

With all the attendance smack that one has to endure in the world of messageboards, I thought I would try to put together some rough numbers regarding Apogee. I did base the numbers off of the seating charts on TicketMaster, but I also tried to keep things in nice round numbers so I am sure there will be discrepancies on individual sections. Once you start looking at the numbers, it is a little easier to get an idea of butts in seats when looking out across the stadium.

Upper reserved donation required

Sections 204-209 3500 seats

Lower reserved donation required

Sections 103-107 3000 seats

Upper sideline reserved

Sections 201-203 1750 seats

Sections 210-212 1750 seats

Lower sideline reserved

Sections 101-102 750 seats

Sections 108-109 750 seats

Lower end zone reserved

Sections 110-114 2500 seats

Upper endzone GA (wing zone)

Sections n/a-n/a 5000 seats

Lower student reserved

Sections 115-116 1000 seats

Lower student GA

Sections 117-123 4000 seats

Upper student GA

Sections 215-224 3500 seats

Visitor reserved

Sections 124-125 1000 seats

Luxury Suites

500 seats

Club Level

1000 seats

Acessible

500 seats

----------------------------

30,500 total seats

Edited by CurveItAround
  • Upvote 6

I am a grad student and last game will be the last time I will sit in the student section.....gotta love freshmen

We were all one (freshmen) once. Personally, would love to have some students on our side, instead of alumni who sit and complain about everything from the weather to the game and who act like yelling and enthusiasm at a football game is a crime. Glad they come, but if they cannot enjoy themselves, wish they would pass their tickets on to those who can.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'd really like to see the thing sold out. If it were to do so, I think it would be for the USAlabama game if we win the next two.

If not that maybe the SMU game in 2014?

I would imagine one of the closer CUSA opponents would have a better chance than SMU selling out... UTEP would have a better chance... so unless SMU brings up enough hatred in UNT fans that they sell the thing out themselves... I wouldn't imagine SMU's 28 loyal fans would make a difference in helping to sell out the stadium

I would imagine one of the closer CUSA opponents would have a better chance than SMU selling out... UTEP would have a better chance... so unless SMU brings up enough hatred in UNT fans that they sell the thing out themselves... I wouldn't imagine SMU's 28 loyal fans would make a difference in helping to sell out the stadium

Sorry but kids at North Texas and even locals know a lot more about SMU than UTEP. SMU will be the 1st opportunity for a sellout that is on our slate. As far as USA is concerned we will be lucky to get 24k in there even if we did win Ark St. and MT

Upper endzone GA (wing zone)

Sections n/a-n/a 5000 seats

Putting so many seats in the wingzone is a genius design decision.

In effect, it makes the sideline seats fill up with less people. It looks better on TV, and it makes the crowd feel like they are surrounded by other fans.

And if we need to seat 30k, we can.

• Upvote 3

Sorry but kids at North Texas and even locals know a lot more about SMU than UTEP. SMU will be the 1st opportunity for a sellout that is on our slate. As far as USA is concerned we will be lucky to get 24k in there even if we did win Ark St. and MT

Do not underestimate how many people UTEP will bring for football and basketball. They support the Dallas area very well. There are a lot of former Miners in the DFW area

• Upvote 1

The subject of tarping-off the wingzone came up during our last tailgate. I think this is a good idea until we actually need those seats. Just leave the lower bowl endzone seats uncovered. I really wish they would have scrapped the wingzone and made the east side bigger. That would have left the wingzone space available for an easy future expansion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really enjoyed this detail Curve it around! Never seen it posted anywhere before this. Thanks for taking the time to post it! GMG!

Please, my friends call me CurveIt or just Curve. Only my mom calls me CurveItAround. :thumbsu:

Glad to hear that a few folks found it useful. It definitely helps give a little perspective on how many butts are in the seats with just a quick glance.

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to see UNT-UTEP crowds!

Do not underestimate how many people UTEP will bring for football and basketball. They support the Dallas area very well. There are a lot of former Miners in the DFW area

This.

UTEP has a large and active alumni association in DFW and I expect them to bring some of the biggest visiting fan sections we have ever seen.

• Upvote 1

This.

UTEP has a large and active alumni association in DFW and I expect them to bring some of the biggest visiting fan sections we have ever seen.

I'm going to second El Paso and Cerebus here - I know that they made strong showings at Ford stadium against SMU and will likely do the same for us in Denton. Both Football and Basketball. They have a good alumni contingent here which is why they didn't want to go to the Mountain West.