Does North Texas have fraternaties?

the only issue I have with "some" of them...NOT all of them.... is that I can see them hanging out on the hill during the game. Yes, I know they aren't the only ones... They are just easily identifiable cause they are drinking next to their letters...within sight outside the stadjum from my vantage point...

If the stadjum were full, then there would be no problem... We just all want the stadjum to be overflowing. Since that isn't happening, we are going to blame anybody and everybody that isn't filing into our palace. The greeks are just an easy target...

BTW, I was greek at U of NT. I went to most of the games at fouts waaaay back when... I never saw the appeal of going out to the game and hanging out in the parking lot. If you are going to the trouble to go out there, I always thought it was silly to hang out and drink outside of the actual event when it was free to get in there for us....flasks are a beautiful thing if you want to keep the party going...

gmg...

• Upvote 4

I grew up with Cabe. Cub Scouts and everything, until he transferred over to Lake Highlands.

That's a cat of a different breed, Cabe. Used to bring his Star Wars figures to school in, like, fourth grade. I remember a teacher going apeshit on him in front of the class for messing with them instead of doing class work. Crazy how nuts kids can drive adults.

Dude's one hell of an artist, though. He can f*cking draw anything you put in front of him - picture, painting, photo.

http://www.cabebooth.com/

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1

Somebody give me a history of Delta Lodge. I've only been able to glean bits and pieces.

They had been an actual fraternity at one time . . . ΣΑΜ ("Sammies"), I believe, a primarily Jewish fraternity, that got its charter pulled years (probably a couple of decades) before I was on campus. They had a house on the corner of Oak and Fry. They were kind of an anti-fraternity fraternity, and had a reputation as being talented and prolific drug users. When their house burned down, everyone assumed the electric hookah got overloaded, but I think it was actually wiring in the house (probably going to their hookah).

I suppose those are only bits and pieces that you've heard before, but I'm sure one of the guys on the board who was actually in the Delta Lodge could give you more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1