Disaster...

AndersonUNT

Listened to the game on the radio. The only word that came to mind was disaster. The radio broadcast kept cuttin out. The offense seemed awful. The refs mics seemed to keep cuttin out. Our players/coaches couldn't count to 11. Man when will this madness of stupid Mean Green football stop??? I feel bad for all the fans that attended that game, what an embarrassment...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fed up with this crap... Sick of losing... Feel bad for George and Hank having to call these games... reminded me of dodge ball without the offense

Regarding the offensive play calling, I recall when Canales was the interim head coach it was wide open and productive. I expected that trend to continue when Canales stayed on as offensive coordinator, but so far, in just over a year, it appears the play calling has become rather conservative and at times predictable and tonight was an example. No, I don't want a return to Dodge Ball.

That being said, a colleague of mind who is an Iowa State alum, said one of the things that lead to McCarney being essentially run out of Ames was that his offenses had become rather predictable in the Big 12. Could than be happening here? Perhaps so.

Just ugly. Mac is gonna do some @$$ kickin. Zero excuse.

Miserable offensive performance and an embarrasment. Name one team left on our schedule that NT can beat playing this kind of football. Maybe FAU ? Even Arky St. will kick our asses playing like this. And for gosh sakes, recruit a FG kicker.

The defense looked good until the very end when they were clearly exhausted for having to cover for this sorry ass excuse for an offense that I saw tonight.

• Upvote 1

Regarding the offensive play calling, I recall when Canales was the interim head coach it was wide open and productive. I expected that trend to continue when Canales stayed on as offensive coordinator, but so far, in just over a year, it appears the play calling has become rather conservative and at times predictable and tonight was an example. No, I don't want a return to Dodge Ball.

That being said, a colleague of mind who is an Iowa State alum, said one of the things that lead to McCarney being essentially run out of Ames was that his offenses had become rather predictable in the Big 12. Could than be happening here? Perhaps so.

I thought Canales gave up play calling while he was interim coach. Wouldn't that explain a lot?

• Upvote 2

He becomes HC and finally has full reigns of the team and then he lets someone else call the plays??? Yea that seems logical. Funny that some of you actually beleive that

Canales . . . is now working with wide receivers coach Conroy Hines when it comes to calling plays. . . .

"I give [Hines] a lot of flexibility," Canales said. "We script every situation - red zone, third-and-short, fourth-and-1. There are times I will take over, but we are both calling plays."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/unt-mean-green/20101108-Football-UNT-offense-shows-signs-3707.ece

• Upvote 2

My thing is put the best product on the field you have athletes like jimmerson Harris and the freshman kicker that can contribute more. Why aren't they given the opportunity. Put the best product on the field, this isn't high school where upper classmen take priority. Whenever you have an offense that tries 3 flea flicker plays I'm a game that's desperation. There has to be some changes in personnel. You can't do any worse. #23 on defense the DB was getting beat all night and he was already 10 yards off the receiver, you can't tell he's the best you have. If your QB arm isn't that good stick to 3 step drop and short throws. Play to your players strengths and stop playing like Lance is still here. Running the ball all the time. Get the ball out of DT hands quicker by calling for short precise throws instead of deep balls or situations that cause him to think a lot.

• Upvote 1

I really don't get to go to many home games and this one sucked! I'll be back for the Tuesday night game though and hope its a better outcome! Still very disappointing.

The only way I'll get myself pumped up for the tuesday game now is by getting completely loaded n the parking lot. Let's pray something magical happens to get things back on track.

• Upvote 3

He becomes HC and finally has full reigns of the team and then he lets someone else call the plays??? Yea that seems logical. Funny that some of you actually beleive that

were you at the game tonight? if you were, did you happen to see mac looking at chico with a wtf is going on look and chico not having an answer? this happened a couple of times tonight, including the first and 10, time out, then delay of game. on that one i think canales threw his hand up like..."yea, i know".

• Upvote 1

My thing is put the best product on the field you have athletes like jimmerson Harris and the freshman kicker that can contribute more. Why aren't they given the opportunity. Put the best product on the field, this isn't high school where upper classmen take priority. Whenever you have an offense that tries 3 flea flicker plays I'm a game that's desperation. There has to be some changes in personnel. You can't do any worse. #23 on defense the DB was getting beat all night and he was already 10 yards off the receiver, you can't tell he's the best you have. If your QB arm isn't that good stick to 3 step drop and short throws. Play to your players strengths and stop playing like Lance is still here. Running the ball all the time. Get the ball out of DT hands quicker by calling for short precise throws instead of deep balls or situations that cause him to think a lot.

The freshman kicker is now 0-1. Chip shot at that.

• Upvote 1

If he wanted to look more like a "head coach" at a FBS program then letting someone else call plays with him being able to override the call would be exactly what he would do. Head coach is responsible for the whole team, not just one part of it. Head coach is a management position. You step in when needed, but let you staff run within the parameters you set out.

This was a ad game by everyone, players and coaches. Plenty of bad decisions to correct during the week.

• Upvote 1

I don't think play calling was the problem , it was execution. We would have put 35 points if passes were on target tonight. Players were open on several occasions only to be overthrown or not hit in stride

Couldn't agree more. Playcalling was not a problem at all. QB accuracy and Kicker accuracy were the problems.

Hard to believe the same guy was our QB against KS St.

• Upvote 1