Its time

EagleAlum98

My view wasn't one where I could see every receiver on the field at once, so you could be right. But, there has to be a reason the 10-15 yd passes that Derek Thompson made against Kansas St weren't there.

Could be Troy game planned for it and we didn't adjust.

Could be Derek Thompson can't throw a deep ball without throwing it over some mountains.

Could be Derek is one dimensional.

Could be we need running backs involved in a passing game.

But, I saw Brelan and Ivan both catch 10-15 yd passes tonight and they worked for good yardage. We have to get out of the mode of Brelan being half of our offense for this thing to work. He can't do it alone.

• Upvote 3

I haven't really seen enough from Jeremy Brown to convince me he's a consistently good runner, but he has speed, and I'd like to see some attempt to get him involved in the passing game. Other than Brelan, who can't do it all, we just don't have the guys with breakaway speed. We need more plays where we're catching the ball in stride and getting big yardage, anything other than these trips to the red zone with no points.

• Upvote 1

My thing is put the best product on the field you have athletes like jimmerson, Harris and the freshman kicker that can contribute more. Why aren't they given the opportunity. Put the best product on the field, this isn't high school where upper classmen take priority. Whenever you have an offense that tries 3 flea flicker plays in a game that's desperation. There has to be some changes in personnel. You can't do any worse. #23 on defense. The DB was getting beat all night and he was already 10 yards off the receiver, you can't tell me he's the best you have. If your QB arm isn't that good stick to 3 step drop and short throws. Play to your players strengths and stop playing like Lance is still here. Running the ball all the time. Get the ball out of DT hands quicker by calling for short precise throws instead of deep balls or situations that cause him to think a lot.

• Upvote 2

It's time for character building. Like Mac said last night, how this team responds to adversity will be the greatest question. And by "team" I'm sure he means including the coaching staff as well.

Here's to us running the table from here on out.

BTW, the legendary great G.A. Moore stood behind me and over a couple of sections in the walkway last night. I hated for him to witness such a poor effort by his Mean Green, and would have loved to have heard his thoughts on what he was seeing. It was an honor to meet him for the first time and shake his hand.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My thing is put the best product on the field you have athletes like jimmerson, Harris and the freshman kicker that can contribute more. Why aren't they given the opportunity. Put the best product on the field, this isn't high school where upper classmen take priority. Whenever you have an offense that tries 3 flea flicker plays in a game that's desperation. There has to be some changes in personnel. You can't do any worse. #23 on defense. The DB was getting beat all night and he was already 10 yards off the receiver, you can't tell me he's the best you have. If your QB arm isn't that good stick to 3 step drop and short throws. Play to your players strengths and stop playing like Lance is still here. Running the ball all the time. Get the ball out of DT hands quicker by calling for short precise throws instead of deep balls or situations that cause him to think a lot.

Dead on. I think we played about 10 yards off all night , even when it was very late in ball game.

Also when it's 3rd & long , why is Jimmerson out of the game? We have very few playmakers & speedsters on this squad. He's one of the few who can make a big play. Set him up for a dump off pass or even line him up @ WR

DT's completion % for passes over 10 yards has got to be around 20 I would guess. Keep it simple , because we can't open it up when he's not a threat to take off and run

Still frustrated , this loss hurts

• Upvote 2

TK70 and NT03 have it nailed. I would also add, that Troy has 8-9 in the box most of the night. At least when we ran two wideouts, which was the majority of our plays.

Most of the plays with two one safety was basically playing middle linebacker and the other was to the strong side. This mean you had one receiver one-on-one with a corner who usually was 5-10 yards off. We could have abused this all night long but did not. And i mean abuse it for 10 yard routes. It happen a few times, but we needed to go to it over and over until Troy was forced to adjust. This would have given us some more running room.

Add to that, #3 wasn't on the field during these plays, and he's the one guy who is a deep threat, so that makes the defense even more confident they can creep up for the run.

Reminded me of the New Orleans bowl against Southern Miss, where we just keep running it over and over when USM had their entire defense in the box.

• Upvote 1

TK70 and NT03 have it nailed. I would also add, that Troy has 8-9 in the box most of the night.

Yep, and we will continue to see this the rest of the conference schedule. The plan to beat UNT is load up the box and make their QB beat you. TSU did it.Troy did it.

We looked better against LSU and K St. because they ran a basic package against us.

Anyone still want to feel good about Bill Schnider saying nice things about us?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yep, yep, yep to the post above. D's are loading the box daring DT to beat them throwing. Mac better offer AT LEAST 3 JuCO QBs this offseason. We need one here next year.

This was a winnable game lost to sloppy play. So frustrating. What happened to Olen??? I remember seeing him make 40+ yarders last year at a decent rate.

Looking at the skilled position why don't we have #3 #22 and #9 on the field at the same time and spread the ball. With quick throws and getting yards after the catch. Passes out of the backfield. Give the freshman and the red shirt freshman an opportunity there your future and they can't do any worse.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=CXCMGhVEFTo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCXCMGhVEFTo

• Upvote 1

How fast they forget-25 of 28 against the upper echelon of the Big 12. I agree with a previous poster that Berglund will never take a snap at UNT --just what we need another head case from juco ranks. I agree that Osborne may be due a shot but just go back to the Tulsa game last year if you want to see what a game with McNulty looks like and he had Dunbar to boot. If your special teams have failed you miserably in four games no QB is given any options. At least DT shoulders the blame for his mistakes. Also he does not bask in the glory of a good performance like KSU. Personally I'm glad for only 3 more home games (one on a Tues. night that will play to an empty stadium on national tv and the last to a start up that will have 5K or less announced at 18K).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How fast they forget-25 of 28 against the upper echelon of the Big 12. I agree with a previous poster that Berglund will never take a snap at UNT --just what we need another head case from juco ranks. I agree that Osborne may be due a shot but just go back to the Tulsa game last year if you want to see what a game with McNulty looks like and he had Dunbar to boot. If your special teams have failed you miserably in four games no QB is given any options. At least DT shoulders the blame for his mistakes. Also he does not bask in the glory of a good performance like KSU. Personally I'm glad for only 3 more home games (one on a Tues. night that will play to an empty stadium on national tv and the last to a start up that will have 5K or less announced at 18K).

I think if we take care of business at FAU and can beat Houston on the road - which is no small task no matter how down they are, that puts us at 3-3. Not too shabby given our schedule. As disappointed as we were on Thompson, I have no doubt he was more disappointed in himself. The bottomline is we need him to get his head right with ball. He proved against K-State that he was capable.