My First Game At Apogee Stadium This Weekend!

chrisfisher

I've been a big time supporter of Mean Green Athletics since 2005. I graduated in 2010, and I moved to Corpus in 2011. I missed season 1 in Apogee, but I just booked a Southwest flight for the Troy game this weekend!!!!!!!!!! I am completely stoked. I was supposed to attend the Houston game last season with my father but we couldn't make it up. But I'm there this weekend!

I am traveling alone. I wanted to see if any Alumni might invite me to their tail gate area to hang out and down some beers/BBQ for the pre-game?

I also need to purchase a ticket. I know I've seen the "fill the wing" thread here. Is the wing a good spot to sit? or should I get a regular seat? Heck, I might just go stand with students so I can get rowdy.

See y'all in Denton!

• Upvote 7

Stop by our tailgate for some grub. If you look at the Red/Blue lot, picture a reverse map of Nevada. We will be near the Lake Tahoe confluence of the line going south and the diagonal line running southwest. BBQ. I am the aging version of Opie Taylor with the Letterman gaptooth. I will be wearing a green shirt, and we will have about 60.

Welcome home.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I also need to purchase a ticket. I know I've seen the "fill the wing" thread here. Is the wing a good spot to sit? or should I get a regular seat? Heck, I might just go stand with students so I can get rowdy.

See y'all in Denton!

Come say hi to my wife and I in the Wings - we often get lonely!

We'll have the huge MUSCLES GLASSES McCARNEY sign.

• Upvote 1

Come say hi to my wife and I in the Wings - we often get lonely!

We'll have the huge MUSCLES GLASSES McCARNEY sign.

This I like.

If any of you went to the Army game at West Point you may have noticed a dude way at the top corner of the stands dressed in a banana suit and waving a flag of some sort. They do this at every home game. Some Freshman in a platoon is "picked" by his group to go act like a wild man waving the platoons flag etc. They give him a costume etc. It is hazing the way hazing was suppose to be.

Id really hoped and thought the wing might bring something similar to Apogee. It looks like you are starting the trend. Albeit not hazing but nevertheless. The wing could and should become our very own "ESPN GAMEDAY CROWD" minus any Washington State flags of course. All organizations on campus as well as random buffoons should show up.

I applaud you kind sir.

Edited by adman
  • Upvote 2

I grew up in Corpus Christi!Anyway I'll be at the game this weekend too. You'll love Apogee!

Nice to see another South Texan! Enjoy the game. I wish I could make it this week.

Stand in the student section. I graduated last year and stood in the student section for TSU. Best decision ever.

I've been a big time supporter of Mean Green Athletics since 2005. I graduated in 2010, and I moved to Corpus in 2011. I missed season 1 in Apogee, but I just booked a Southwest flight for the Troy game this weekend!!!!!!!!!! I am completely stoked. I was supposed to attend the Houston game last season with my father but we couldn't make it up. But I'm there this weekend!

I am traveling alone. I wanted to see if any Alumni might invite me to their tail gate area to hang out and down some beers/BBQ for the pre-game?

See y'all in Denton!

• Upvote 1

My first game was the TSU game. My advice is to get there about four hours before game time. That will give you plenty of time to take in the atmosphere of the tailgating scene ... hang out with Harry and the gang ... do a complete trip around the outside of the stadium taking it all in ... and then enter when the gates first open so you can take your time taking in the scene and still be in your seat for the pre-game show.

• Upvote 2

You're going to love Apogee.

Now, while you're thinking about it, book another Southwest flight for October 16 and come watch the Mean Green again on national television. We need ALL Mean Green fans INSIDE Apogee Stadium for this important television visit to our campus.

Beat Troy

Win the Sun Belt

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

You are going to love...LOVE...Apogee after spending your years at Fouts. Welcome to the game...really excited to have you....AND...thanks for making the effort to support the Mean Green this weekend!

Thanks KRAM. I bet your right. All I've known is Fouts and generally lousy football teams, but that did not deter me or my excitement for the Mean Green. I am thrilled to see our new stadium as well as a quality UNT football team (very proud of our performance against K-State - could have easily won that one).

Edited by chrisfisher

My first game was the TSU game. My advice is to get there about four hours before game time. That will give you plenty of time to take in the atmosphere of the tailgating scene ... hang out with Harry and the gang ... do a complete trip around the outside of the stadium taking it all in ... and then enter when the gates first open so you can take your time taking in the scene and still be in your seat for the pre-game show.

Great advice. Will do.