Would someone like to send in an intelligent well-written rebuttal?

James329

Folks I wouldn't worry about this douche. These types of students exist EVERYWHERE including the UT's and OU's of the world. And no one forces him to anything. He applied to UNT on his own and got accepted and he personally chose to sign the acceptance letter and decided to attend. If he feels this way then more power to him and I am very sorry he feels this way. There might be other alternatives that might suit his needs but he's delusional and trying to fool people into thinking that he is/was forced to do anything.

• Upvote 3

The more I reflect on this situation the more I understand it...... he is of a dying breed (most hopefully) in that 10 yrs ago his argument would have had tons of supporters behind it. The guy is like 40 yrs old and probably had perceptions of UNT from it's days of old being that it has a strong liberal college vibe to it. When he gets here and sees the fees and the amount dedicated to sports he then starts wondering what happened to the UNT perception that he had? As people like Coach Mac go to all of the freshman orientations and hand out free shirts constantly then this perception will eventually die off and/or recede to containable nuisance levels. The weird thing is that I saw he went to A&M for undergrad as well back in the late 90's. Now I will bet the bank that he was then what he is now (I will bite my tongue) in that he does not prefer sports, fast cars, fast women or anything of the sort..... but he still attended a school that is FAR more known for sports than the quality of education received (sorry Aggies...it's true). I can almost see where he is coming from because this is unexpected due to long standing traditions that we just don't care about sports.

Haha YES!!! Thank you for this.

High comedy! The guy is like 50. Career students are the best. That $300 he says was stolen from him was all he lacked to get his own place. Now he will never get out of his mom's basement and will never kiss a girl. Thanks football team.

Seriously though, he creeps me out. I don't like him with that doll. I am glad he won't be at the games.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I seriously doubt this cat is a Phd student at UNT.

If that is indeed true, and he received his undergrad at UNT, this university has far worse problems than student fees.

We apparently are providing a DISD type education.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

--- Close the Library too... and sell all of those worthless books.... especially all those dealing with history.. That would save the university a fortune and even raise some money....... What use does a math major have of a library or knowing anything about the past.....Who cares what happened in 1532.... Not once did I ever go there because of any need in a math class. [ cheapest dept on campus .. but we spend a lot of money on expensive markers or chauk ...students buy their own calculators ]

--- He may be a PHD candidate.... but he is as dumb as a goat....... He should have majored in a subject with a lot of numbers involved [ accounting, finance, engineering, mathematics, science, computers ] .... more jobs available and usually pays better than a history major. hahaha

--- Besides ... how much publicity does a history dept. get or get our university noticed and how much money is donated to the university because of a great history program.. bet the sports program brings in more.

---- don't trash me... lots of sarcasm here...but not entirely ----

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

Aggie and Midwestern undergrad....UTA Masters.....UNT PhD

Well then, he should be expelled, because he is far to stupid to participate in a UNT Phd program.

And not just because he doesn't like college athletics, but because he doesn't understand how life works. If he indeed is an older student, life experiences is supposed to be one of the things he brings to the table. Obviously not.

Well then, he should be expelled, because he is far to stupid to participate in a UNT Phd program.

And not just because he doesn't like college athletics, but because he doesn't understand how life works. If he indeed is an older student, life experiences is supposed to be one of the things he brings to the table. Obviously not.

Over/Under on whether or not this guy has ever had relations with a lady or anything human?

By the way the title of the opinion piece is pretty false as well. Opinion: Investigating shady tuition fees is critical

There is actually nothing shady about the fees. There is a list of every single fee in which is included in the tuition price every semester in your receipt and that isn't some hidden thing the school tries not to show you.

Over/Under on whether or not this guy has ever had relations with a lady or anything human?

his hand is connected to a human.

this story smells of virginity (to quote the poster from the video game national championships post)

side note, I made sure to post my response to his "news story"

Edited by Grant.UNT
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

By the way the title of the opinion piece is pretty false as well. Opinion: Investigating shady tuition fees is critical

There is actually nothing shady about the fees. There is a list of every single fee in which is included in the tuition price every semester in your receipt and that isn't some hidden thing the school tries not to show you.

Title is sarcasm.

This guy is a PhD student too!

I bet he is one of those career students who is afraid to leave school for the real world. Probably never had a real job, he still has a room at his parent's house that he decorated in jr. high, probably never gotten past first base, thinks he has everything figured out in life, wears Star Trek underwear, etc, etc.

• Upvote 1