Ticket Listeners and Tweeters

bono

some of you may be familiar with Michael Gruber aka "Grubes" - former ticket personality who now attends unt.

grubes is well known for live tweeting during ranger games. recently, someone on twitter said he should live tweet from UNT basketball next season and grubes replied and said that he would.

something to keep an eye out for next season.

@tweetgrubes (19,200 followers)

Edited by bono
  • Upvote 6

Grubes could be a real good spokesperson for us. Glad to know he is attending UNT.

be a better spokeperson if he was still actually at The Ticket, and The Ticket would be even better.

Edited by Grant.UNT
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder if Grubes went to Freshmen orientation.

Anyone who has 19k followers and live tweeting from our basketball games is good for this program, on air or not.

And... I hate twitter.

Don't think he would be there since he started classes in the summer and he's coming in as a sophomore I think (he started at smu).

Don't think he would be there since he started classes in the summer and he's coming in as a sophomore I think (he started at smu).

Yep he started at SMU. Both his parents went there and he's from HP. From what I've heard him say on the radio he didn't go back there because it didn't quite fit his scene.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

That suprises me cause I see him at mutual watering holes and he looks the part...except for how loud he is when he drinks.

Interesting. Didn't realize SMU kids wear giveaway t-shirts, basketball shorts, and flip flops. The ones I always deal with wear Croakies, pastel-colored shirts, and boat shoes. But I can't really argue with the "loud drinker" part. :w00t:

Also- Didn't go to freshman orientation, but was at the transfer orientation in June. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 7

Does he hang in Denton or down in Dallas? Also any idea of his major?

Pretty much exclusively Denton since I moved up here a few months ago. Lou's and Oak St. Drafthouse FTW!

Right now I'm technically pre-RTVF, but will likely switch to business soon. Seems kinda silly to do RTVF when I so thoroughly dominated radio for a decade. Wink.

• Upvote 7

Interesting. Didn't realize SMU kids wear giveaway t-shirts, basketball shorts, and flip flops. The ones I always deal with wear Croakies, pastel-colored shirts, and boat shoes. But I can't really argue with the "loud drinker" part. :w00t:

Also- Didn't go to freshman orientation, but was at the transfer orientation in June. Go Mean Green!

Welcome aboard Shoopy. I love you.

• Upvote 2

Good choice leaving RTVF Grubes. It's a fine program, but it feels like it's intended more for those who don't know anything about the industry, and are starting from scratch. A radio powerhouse as yourself needs to take on new challenges. Good luck with your bottom.

And just so this is justified being in this thread. Yes, Mean Green Basketball! Tony Mitchell! Scoreboards, new practice facilities, and all kinds of other things!

• Upvote 2

Damn, I was looking forward to hearing you intro Count Basie tunes on KNTU.

Seriously, speaking as a RTVF alum, what you'll learn in that program will pale in comparison to your vast radio knowledge. You have more relevant experience in the business than the professors do.

• Upvote 1

Damn, I was looking forward to hearing you intro Count Basie tunes on KNTU.

Seriously, speaking as a RTVF alum, what you'll learn in that program will pale in comparison to your vast radio knowledge. You have more relevant experience in the business than the professors do.

This was my experience as well. I ended up leaving rtvf for business.

If the value/end game of getting a degree is getting you an interview/ job, you've already accomplished it.

• Upvote 1

This was my experience as well. I ended up leaving rtvf for business.

If the value/end game of getting a degree is getting you an interview/ job, you've already accomplished it.

RTVF is a fine program... but, they don't seem to want or respect any students coming in knowing something. Very unfortunate.

• Upvote 1

A/S/L?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1