Unofficial North Texas 2014 C-USA Football Schedule

Harry

Harry’s Projected 2014 North Texas C-USA Football Schedule (* denotes conference games)

Sat, Aug 30 University of Texas at Austin, TX (Game currently on schedule)

Sat, Sep 06 SMU Denton, TX TBA (Game currently on schedule)

Sat, Sep 13 Tulsa* at Tulsa, OK TBA (Game currently on schedule as non-conf)

Sat, Sep 20 Houston Denton, TX TBA (Game not currently on schedule but UH interested)

Sat, Sep 27 Rice* at Houston, TX TBA (Game not currently on schedule but Rice in C-USA)

Sat, Oct 04 Indiana at Bloomington, IN TBA (Game currently on schedule as non-conf)

Sat, Oct 11 La. Tech* Denton, TX TBA - (Game not currently on schedule but La. Tech in C-USA)

Sat. Oct 18 Marshall* at Denton, TX TBA (Game not currently on schedule but Marshall in C-USA)

Sat, Oct 25 Tulane* at New Orleans, LA TBA (Game not currently on schedule but Tulane in C-USA)

Sat, Nov 1 UTEP* Denton, TX TBA (Game not currently on schedule but UTEP in C-USA)

Sat, Nov 8 Southern Mississippi* Denton, TX TBA (Game not currently on schedule but USM in C-USA)

Sat, Nov 15 UTSA* at San Antonio, TX TBA (Game not currently on schedule but UTSA in C-USA)

Sat, Nov 22 BYE WEEK

Sat, Dec 6th East Carolina vs. North Texas at Greenville, NC TBA (C-USA Championship Game)

Wed. Dec 31 Texas A&M vs. North Texas at Memphis, TN TBA (Liberty Bowl)

I am 137% liking this type of schedule - New Orleans, San Antonio, Houston...real cities! The hippies will like going to Austin to waste more brain cells with the burners down there. And, I've got family, friends, former classmates and girlfriends, and an ex-wife in Tulsa.... This is great!

Why only 137%...why not 143%?

Definitely a fine looking schedule.

• Upvote 1

One small problem. I seriously doubt that both teams from the other division come to Denton. Either Marshall or Southern Miss should be an away game.

You are probably right about that. I was trying to get us to a 6-game home schedule. I also neglected to put in the C-USA Championship game. I am assuming that game is played at the school with the better conference record but am not sure about that.

The point I was trying to make is with the 4-year SMU series, and a reasonable payday game against UT and non conference tilt against IU our schedule gets very attractive compared to what we have seen around here in the past. In fact, I would argue there is not one game on that schedule that does not draw North Texas fan interest. I will go even a step further and say our first year in C-USA will be the best schedule we have ever had in the modern era or at least since I have been following the program. I don't say that to denigrate the belt, but it's important to understand the situation we have been in for the last 15-20 years.

Here is a link to the listing of future UNT non-conference games for those who are interested (subject to change of course):

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sun-belt/north-texas-mean-green.php

• 7 months later...