Post-spring two-deep with thoughts

North Texas needs to start red-shirting CUSA level talent right now and I'll say that til the cows come home. Our coaches would know which ones those would be.

(UH did the red-shirting thing en mass in 1975 the year before they entered their new conference, ie, the Southwest Conference. By the way, the Coog's went to the Cotton Bowl their first year in their new conference....the SWC).

Totally different situation than ours, but look for UTSA to redshirt en mass this Fall. It would almost be a must do for their program.

Yet, the SBC this season is not as important to North Texas as the 2013 CUSA debut season. It's just not. Just sayin'...

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This coming season is even more important now that a new conference is on the horizon. An overwhelming successful year sets the stage for entry into the new conferernce. It shows that the progress made by this coaching staff was no fluke. It also points out that North Texas was well worth the consideration of being chosen to make the move. Success of the field this year and the move next year will amount to nothing but good things in the upcoming recruiting season.

Never put off until tomorrow what can be accomplished today.

• Upvote 5

Can somebody paraphrase what is there for us non-twitterverse people?

Yesterday his twitter feeds were regarding a young lady he had appearantly had intercourse with the previous night, in which he references her f*** face. Not very flattering.

I am disappointed with Cam Feldt not able to EARN a starting spot. Based on what we thought we were getting to what it looks like we have – disappointing. I wish it was a case of others playing at a higher level than we thought he was at, but I’m starting to worry that were not getting what we thought we were. Now maybe it a case of sitting out for a while and he will improve as we move forward.

North Texas needs to start red-shirting CUSA level talent right now and I'll say that til the cows come home. Our coaches would know which ones those would be.

(UH did the red-shirting thing en mass in 1975 the year before they entered their new conference, ie, the Southwest Conference. By the way, the Coog's went to the Cotton Bowl their first year in their new conference....the SWC).

Totally different situation than ours, but look for UTSA to redshirt en mass this Fall. It would almost be a must do for their program.

Yet, the SBC this season is not as important to North Texas as the 2013 CUSA debut season. It's just not. Just sayin'...

GMG!

I will have to give this one some thought. I do like the idea of strategic red shirting in anticipation of the C-USA, but en mass would take some convincing.

• Upvote 2

It would be nice if they updated the weights, more than once a year. You know they have them, and it would take minutes to input them into the roster and while I am at it, why were all the non-ship players that practiced in the spring never acknowledged by the roster. That could be the biggest acolade they ever get out of college football.

Sorry, to hear about Stojkovic; he was outside of Lemon probably their best freshman last year. Sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do.

Other surprises in the two depth not mentioned by Vito.

Abbe over Cantly at defensive tackle.

Brown over Whitaker and Jimmerson at rb.

Miller over Prior at backup te

Easy to see that NT is going to have to depend on a lot of freshmen this year. Again if they are good enough to play, play them. Redshirting would be extremely ill advised unless there is depth ahead of them, and that is going to limit it to a few positions perhaps offensive line and running back.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yesterday his twitter feeds were regarding a young lady he had appearantly had intercourse with the previous night, in which he references her f*** face. Not very flattering.

Did she pee his bed and steal his "rent money"?

• Upvote 2