UNT makes decision on Odoh

Just remember that what happened with Odoh will probably happen with a recruit who seriously considers Marquette and has a change of heart.

Not sure what you are referring to. I don't think there are many out there that sign with a school than don't even give that school the courtesy of an interview after a coaching change.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Not sure what you are referring to. I don't think there are many out there that sign with a school than don't even give that school the courtesy of an interview after a coaching change.

And I'm not sure there are not many who are new to this country, don't speak much of the language and have a JUCO coach in their ear.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And I'm not sure there are not many who are new to this country, don't speak much of the language and have a JUCO coach in their ear.

Odoh didn't exactly just step off the boat and enter the USA. Lets see Odoh has now played for two different Jucos, signed and been released from USM and NT, so he should have a fair understanding no matter what his language skills are of what is going on.

It really doesn't bother me that Odoh wanted to change schools after the coaching change. However, as I stated above; it does bother me that he didn't have the courtesy or fortitude to meet directly with the new coach of the University he signed a contract with. I am sure he is being "guided" by someone, whether it is his juco coach, potential agent or a member of NT's old coaching staff; but that doesn't clear him of the responsibility of his actions.

It is obvious that Odoh had nothing to lose and potentialy something to gain by meeting with Benford. Odds are he is being guided by someone who has a lot more than Odoh's best interest as a motive.

• Upvote 7