From the world of Twitter

GreenBat

not against ull they weren't...and we needed him to shine in that game...

Right. I love Tony as much as anyone. But in close games and clutch situations, he has not produced. Of course that is the kind of thing that comes with maturity, and I keep having to remind myself he is just a freshman. But freshmen have done it before.

Right. I love Tony as much as anyone. But in close games and clutch situations, he has not produced. Of course that is the kind of thing that comes with maturity, and I keep having to remind myself he is just a freshman. But freshmen have done it before.

Crinkled hundo's with this group.

I didn't reference one game, POY is about season stats, and those are video game sick. ULL was an off night when we needed him, not nearly as upset with him for that as I am with Jones and Williams, still. Bear in mind, without him, this team is sub .500. With him, we're a contender in the conf tourney.

When you lead the conference in blocks, rebounds and 3pt %, that's video game sick.

I stand by my statement.

• Upvote 1

I know what you mean...he was really slacking when he went for 34 & 16 in the OT win @ USA...same thing with the 30 & 17 in the OT win over Denver. He really needs to pick it up.

Crinkled hundo's with this group.

I didn't reference one game, POY is about season stats, and those are video game sick.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but POY awards are generally favored towards players on winning teams. We are really really struggling to hang on to the last by.

Tony is getting ridiculous stats, but MTSU's Dendy (sp) has to be the media/coaching favorite simply because of their record. It's a tough pill to swallow.

How many video game QBs in college football failed to win the Heisman because they were not in contention for the national title? The analogy there is on a much grander scale, but the idea still applies.

Edited by greenminer

I know what you mean...he was really slacking when he went for 34 & 16 in the OT win @ USA...same thing with the 30 & 17 in the OT win over Denver. He really needs to pick it up.

Both were tremendous performances. They also go a long way in helping his year end totals.

Edited by MeanGreenDan

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but POY awards are generally favored towards players on winning teams. We are really really struggling to hang on to the last by.

Tony is getting ridiculous stats, but MTSU's Dendy (sp) has to be the media/coaching favorite simply because of their record. It's a tough pill to swallow.

How many video game QBs in college football failed to win the Heisman because they were not in contention for the national title? The analogy there is on a much grander scale, but the idea still applies.

Solemon Bozemon won POY last year for a team that was 7-9 in SBC play in the regular season.

**He did show up big time when the lights were on in Hot Springs.

Solemon Bozemon won POY last year for a team that was 7-9 in SBC play in the regular season.

I think things can be settled for good and we can all leave happy when TM shows up in Hot Springs and leads us to victory. Just hold on to the bye, and good things will happen.

But they were in the title game. He was a good player that I am not sure would have even been considered had they not made that incredible run, with that incredible shot.

Do you disagree?