Benson Being Courted by The Sun Belt

Harry

Don't like the smell of this at all. My fear is a merger with the WAC orchestrated by KB. Guess which side we fall on. Yep, the west. This means hello watered down Big West division. Moscow, hide your hotel towels. I really hope that I am wrong though.

Funny post but it was Logan, UT.

Please, please, please no Benson.

• Upvote 2

Funny post but it was Logan, UT.

I could have sworn it was Idaho, but it looks like you're right:

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-11-07/sports/sp-62282_1_north-texas

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=336&dat=19961105&id=ee5LAAAAIBAJ&sjid=mewDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2304,3536095

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

The towel incident is hilarious looking back. I was on the busses after the game when hotel people arrived with the police wanting their towels. Coach Simon made us clean the stadium after the next home game. No, I didn't take a towel, however, there weren't to many who didn't. God that was embarrassing. We ended up practicing every Sunday instead of Mondays because of that incident. Great reference!!!

Edited by UNTexas

I don't like Benson. I hope Rawlins and other presidents will not approve him. If the Sun Belt wants a guy with experience running an FBS conference, why don't they try to lure a former BCS conference commissioner?

We hired an AD (back in the 90's) using the same logic. We thought that since he was a former assistant AD at a big time school (I believe it was Texas), that he would be great for us, and would help us move upward in the D-1 ranks.

He was probably one of the worst AD's we ever had.

We hired an AD (back in the 90's) using the same logic. We thought that since he was a former assistant AD at a big time school (I believe it was Texas), that he would be great for us, and would help us move upward in the D-1 ranks.

He was probably one of the worst AD's we ever had.

A merger would make UTA a conference opponent. Might be a local rivalry.