Tony Mitchell Day Festivities

emmitt01

There will be a Tony Mitchell Day tailgate next Sunday. Start time is 3pm and everyone is welcome. The tailgate last night was a success and, judging from the looks we got from passers by, it drew the requisite attention. So, come one come all, to the first annual Tony Mitchell Day celebration!!

(I said first annual on purpose)

• Upvote 4

Emmitt...thanks for doing this and thanks for welcoming my wife and I in for a bit of a visit. Great to see everyone and great to see this at UNT. Dogs and Brats looked great...never mind Thor giving you a hard time about that soccer game! That was a pretty big beer he was sipping on.....

Good crowd I thought for the first tailgate attempt I thought as well.....well done, Sir. Of course, the highlight was your little girl....

• Upvote 2

There will be a Tony Mitchell Day tailgate next Sunday. Start time is 3pm and everyone is welcome. The tailgate last night was a success and, judging from the looks we got from passers by, it drew the requisite attention. So, come one come all, to the first annual Tony Mitchell Day celebration!!

Will you or someone else have some space on the grill for bacon wrapped duck? I can't really bring my grill so I will need to piggy back with someone else for a price of course, the duck is free for all.

• Upvote 2

Where will everyone be set up? East side of Super Pit or in the Fouts Field parking lot? Army of Dad is trying to round up some more families to come out.

• Upvote 1

It was great meeting everyone that came out for the tailgate. For the rest of you who couldn't make it, don't miss it next time we tailgate a basketball game!

Agree...really nice set up and the bacon wrapped duck and pears looked and smelled fantastic. Couldn't partake, but appreciated the offer, as my bride and I were heading over to the Mean green Room...didn't want to fill up before El Guapo's. ha! Really great seeing so many folks tailgating before a basketball game on a Sunday evening no less.

Good chatting with you again, and thanks for being part of the tailgate and offering up those great tailgate goodies. Also...thanks for attending Thursday's Mean Green Happy Hour as well!

• Upvote 2

Will you or someone else have some space on the grill for bacon wrapped duck? I can't really bring my grill so I will need to piggy back with someone else for a price of course, the duck is free for all.

Have you ever tried it with cream cheese and jalapenos in the middle... Did this last week, turned out pretty good

Have you ever tried it with cream cheese and jalapenos in the middle... Did this last week, turned out pretty good

I have not tried that yet, but you are second person I have heard talk about that recipe so I will have to get around to trying it. This time I just used some canned jalapenos (from my father in law) and some pear. I first tried pear in there with some dove for the FAU tailgate and everyone loved it. next time might be like you described for one batch and water chestnuts in the other.

Vocabulary, good to see you on the board and not just lurking.

• Upvote 1