Tulsa is good

H-towngreen

While yes, Tulsa has lost 3 games this season, they lost to teams ranked in the top 8. OK State, OU, Boise. Tulsa has been a team that's consistently ranked around the top 25 for several years now. This game ended up pretty much like what should have been expected. Sucks to say.

Ridiculous!

• Upvote 2

While yes, Tulsa has lost 3 games this season, they lost to teams ranked in the top 8. OK State, OU, Boise. Tulsa has been a team that's consistently ranked around the top 25 for several years now. This game ended up pretty much like what should have been expected. Sucks to say.

Tulsa will be lucky to go .500 in CUSA play

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hated the loss and I hate playing Tulsa. But they will finish near the top of CUSA. I see UCF down, Houston bizarre, SMU up - they will have a good rest of the way like we will. They saw a win and went and grabbed it, much like we did against Indiana.

I plan on seeing a pent up bunch of Mean Green madness unleashed on FAU on Saturday. Be there as we go over 500 in Apogee. Bring friends we are going to need to beef up the crowd on such a big DFW weekend.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Tulsa will be lucky to go .500 in CUSA play

How do you figure?

Uab-should be easy win

rice-although improving,should still handle business there

ucf-Hasnt looked that great since the BC win

Smu-In my opinion has looked the best and could be difficult. get them at home though

Houston- dont know what to expect from them. thought they would dominate teams, but really havent at all.

im forgetting one team. i think utep. we are already 2-0. should make it to 4-0 before the real first test comes. and with the experience of playing the top 5 teams already, i think will definitely have us ready to go.

but i could be wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

C-USA will be no cake walk for Tulsa. UTEP hung with Houston all game long. UAB gave Troy all it wanted. Those are potential losses. SMU and Houston are certain losses, given Tulsa's personnel problems.

Tulsa is still wounded. We played them minus our starting QB and it showed. That we couldn't take advantage of Tulsa's missing personnel issues isn't so much a positive for Tulsa as it is a negative for us.

Tulsa is a 6-6 team this year, if the card fall right. They have an outside chance at going 7-5 if they manage only to lose to SMU and Houston the rest of the way out.

Agree, but we sure helped them with crappy tackling on defense, two easy pick 6's, and terrible execution near the goal line. Tulsa is still a solid team.

And to NMGreen, I think we should schedule Tulsa as often as we can. We can't dodge (pardon the pun) teams like Tulsa just because they've been successful the past several years. These are the programs we must schedule and compete against. So. Miss, East Carolina, Memphis, MWC teams, etc. No, I welcome scheduling the Tulsa's of the world. We need to get stay clear of Alabama, LSU, and others top programs. Other than financial, I see no value in those games.

Agree, but we sure helped them with crappy tackling on defense, two easy pick 6's, and terrible execution near the goal line. Tulsa is still a solid team.

And to NMGreen, I think we should schedule Tulsa as often as we can. We can't dodge (pardon the pun) teams like Tulsa just because they've been successful the past several years. These are the programs we must schedule and compete against. So. Miss, East Carolina, Memphis, MWC teams, etc. No, I welcome scheduling the Tulsa's of the world. We need to get stay clear of Alabama, LSU, and others top programs. Other than financial, I see no value in those games.

This is 111% correct.

Tulsa is at the level we need to not only match, but exceed. TU is always going to be handcuffed by their size and lack of crap/gimme degree plans. Unless T. Boone Pickens showers them with $100 million, they're about as good as they are ever going to get.

We need to supplant their DFW influence and beat them and their conference mates on the field. I like the home and homes with mid-majors far more than the guaranteed beatings to begin a season. Let's show that we can rise up to that level, then exceed it.

If SMU gets a call up from Big East, we'll be staring down the reality that quality hires and department management got two local schools into BCS AQs while we fiddled around with Dickey, Dodge, and Fouts for far too long.

I'm not complaining about what we have now. I'm just wondering if it's too late to change the way the conference realignment dominoes are going to fall.

Tulsa looked good to me, I think they will do fine in CUSA. As far as not playing Tulsa, who would you have NT play? If NT runs from the school with the smallest enrollment in FB football, just who can NT compete with.

Tulsa has paid out big coaches salaries for years and has dominated NT in recruiting. NT plays them with an inexperienced QB at Tulsa with them sky high looking for any win after playing a brutal schedule. I thought NT would play better but it was destined to be a tough game.

Again, I doubt if NT plays a team for the rest of the year as good as Tulsa and that game should have been a lot closer with Thompson playing.