Article - Sun belt & WAC Should Talk

MeanGreen61

Instead of the SBC and WAC talking why wouldn't our conference be talking to the MAC? Say what you want to say about the MAC but it is a very decent conference and the best part about it is that it is and has always been pretty stable. Plus you would be in really good recruiting areas in football, basketball and even baseball in the midwest and the south and southeast..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Reading that gave me a headache. That's an example of how not to write an article. Why should we basically save the WAC? Hell no! The Sun Belt as it is works and doesn't need to expand with SJSU or any WAC school just for the hell of it. Does he even know that NT is in the Sun Belt cause I guess we don't count as being in Texas or in a major market. Idiot

I'm probably being too harsh but I am mad I just read that.

Edited by Mean Green Scrappy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ignoring the original article for a second. This all stemmed from a report out of the AD conference in Dallas that SJSU is looking for a home in the Sun Belt. If accurate, that means they're convinced the WAC is no longer an option (ie. it's dead).

Putting two and two together here, or trying anyway. Craig Thompson (MWC commish) has said that the MWC will likely need to expand to 12 teams for the merger to work. If SJSU is looking for a home, it means they've been told they're not it. For multiple reasons, the MWC would not be looking at CUSA schools to go to 12. At that point, it likely comes down to whether or not TCU decides, or is even able, to move to the Big East. If not, then the MWC seems like it would pick up Utah State and call it a day.

If TCU does leave, then you've gotta believe at that point that it would be down to UNT and Northern Illinois for #12. There's not a chance in hell they pass up SJSU to take Idaho, NMSU, or La Tech. To say all of this is conjecture is putting it lightly, but fun at 1:30 AM. :lol:

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 1

The year will be...let's call it 2015. SJSU will fall under the pressure of continued state budget cuts, drop football like every other CSU school did in the early 90s recession, and come knocking back on the doors of the Big West, where it will be welcomed home with open arms, the prodigal son returns. All this talk of it joining the Sun Belt could not possibly be anything more than bong rip induced conjecture.

i think the belt is going to sit tight and see if big east picks up ecu and/or ucf. if so, then cusa would probably go after wk and/ or mtsu to keep marshall happy,or perhaps even one of our florida schools to maintain a presence in that state. the only schools that interest me are texas st. and utsa. since my freshman year of 61' the only intra state rival we have had was uta until they dropped football.i really would to see us develope one before i die.