OU to jump to PAC-12 Sooner rather than later?

NT80

Just heard on the radio that a very reliable source in Austin says within 10 days

Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State will go to the Pac 10. This leaves

the Baylor Bears, Kansas(word says to the big East), Kansas State, and Missouri

to try to do something. Maybe all is not lost yet.

How about: UNT

Baylor

Tulsa

SMU

Houston

Kansas State

Missouri

Rice

Now, that would work and be a good conference: How about SWC # 2

Scrappyman1

• Upvote 1

They already have Soonervision, an OU television production facility. Their own network can't be far off. If all these big time college programs start their own network (Notre Dame has to be next) how will this affect cable systems? I'm beginning to think K St has thought ahead on this and started their network as an on line service. It's the natural progression.

Just heard on the radio that a very reliable source in Austin says within 10 days

Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State will go to the Pac 10. This leaves

Baylor

Tulsa

SMU

Houston

Kansas State

Missouri

Rice

Scrappyman1

Baylor

Tulsa

SMU

Houston

Kansas State

Missouri

Rice

Scrappyman1

Nice try. Missouri will either join A&M in the SEC or head up to the Big Ten where they belong. Baylor, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, and Rice may all team up. But I don't see UNT fitting in there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Baylor and the rest would be happy with North Texas in order to have enough

to get a conference going. Only time will tell.

GO MEAN GREEN GO NORTH TEXAS

Just ask Bear whipping boy Matt Mosley from espn radio. They view themselves as a notch below the Longhorns. They have a God complex over schools like UNt and a inferiority complex with schools like OU/UT.

I'd love to see them join us somewhere just to laugh at them some more.

Not saying the discussion should end, just that I kind of like where we are. I'm finally starting to get amped to play some of our conference mates and it looks like things may not last too much longer.

The Sunbelt might be a better alternative to CUSA depending on which CUSA teams move on to other conferences. Heck, if CUSA gets raided heavy the Sunbelt may be able to pull some of their teams away.

Growing up watching the SWC I would be more amped to be in a league with Houston, SMU, and Baylor. Rice - not so much.

One hitch - how does the Longhorn Network work with the PAC-10/12/16 which has its own TV network. The primary reason that BYU did not goto the PAC was they did not want to give up their network. I don't see the PAC giving up on that for Texas or OU.

Last summer, the PAC agreed to UT bringing the LHN. However, I do think there were some things about it they wanted to change first.

It's like watching the sinking of the Titanic. Only this time around the men take the lifeboats (uT, Tech, OU, OSU) and leave behind the women and children (BU, KU, KSU, IaSt, Mizzou) to sink!

KU and Mizzou definitely are in the "men" category as well, and the others are not far behind when talking about TV revenue.

The further this all gets, the more clear it becomes that the Longhorns are going to go independent. The LHN is going to have to have content--they will get the football games that aren't picked up ESiPN and will televise the other sports that aren't nationally televised. Paul Burka at Texas Monthly is running with this same information, as well, although that hardly confirms anything. Its just my hunch that the LHN will have to be depended on for their independence.

I think that OU and OSU will go to the Pac-12, very soon to get to 14. Mizzou has either the last SEC spot or a spot in the Big 10, which is a better cultural fit. The curious part here is Kansas. Kansas must drop K-State immediately, partner with Mizzou to sell those markets together to the Big 10, and use Nebraska's support to get into that league. Both KU and Mizzou are AAU schools, which is a huge deal to the Big Ten, as all members are in this group, except Nebraska, which lost its AAU status earlier this year, but after they joined the Big Ten. Kansas has been traditionally bad at football, but they do have a BCS bowl win on their resume (which the other schools listed can only dream about), not to mention the hoops power, which will still help them greatly if they are partnered with Mizzou. KU and MU to the Big Ten is very possible.

After that, K-State, Iowa State, Baylor, and Texas Tech remain. The MWC would immediately ask Texas Tech and K-State to join, since their poor academic record won't hurt them with the MWC members. I also believe that Baylor and Iowa State will get invites, too, although not as certain as the other two. It would get the MWC to 14 if all were invited, but Utah State may still get a spot just to secure the Salt Lake City market. Iowa State could very well be your 14th team in the MAC, which would be the biggest drop off of an FBS (1-A) program ever.